Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Putin's Offensive Campaign. Info

18vDrill_SkinOnly

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE SV6 Comm / 22 Ford Mustang 5.0l
Tasked with driving a truck bomb to disrupt Putin's birthday to some extent... takes the task so casually he sleeps in. Man, I'd kill to have that level of chill.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Pootin is loosing control and lost the initiative and will now work to draw other countries into his special war...

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Remarkable that Russia appears to use tactics that are WW1 like in that they use soldiers like they have little value. Constantly sending in fresh soldiers as others are killed.

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairly sad isn't it?

You only need to look at where they seem to have done a lot of the forced mobilization, places where there are lots of minorities or satellite states as well as forcing Ukrainians in occupied territories to fight their dirty war.

Plenty of stories and evidence of those freshly mobilized troops turning up on the front lines poorly equipped with little to no training and just as quickly de-mobilized by the Ukrainians.

Unfortunately plenty more are going to die because of one mans ******* ego.

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
A very close friend of mine, we go back to primary school joined the Army about the time I got out. He went to Borneo, Malaysia and Vietnam, came back to NZ and then did a repeat. That was over fifty years ago. Even now within five minutes he starts talking about Vietnam. He lives the horror of Vietnam every day of his life. He spoke of coming across a dieing Vietnamese woman soldier, she called him in Vietnamese a white ghost. That's how they were viewed by the Vietnamese.

He wa up for a military medal but due to playing up it was reduced to a mention in despatches so he was not short of courage.

When they came back from Vietnam the only recognition they got was from protesters. They went from hero to zero in no time at all. They became the forgotton people. Sure they a mention on ANZAC day but that is it. All they were was cannon fodder.

I would never tell him but I so wish he hadn't gone. Most of his mates have passed on, he is in bad health. I would have not been surprised if he had died when he had his first heart attack over twenty years ago. They all got a dose of agent orange that the US were indicriminately dishing out. For years I have expected to get a phone call saying he had passed away

Fast forward to Iraq, there are more people in the Australian army die from suicide since returning from Iraq and Afghanistan than were ever killed on the battle field. They too are the forgotton people. The attitude seems to be piss off noddy, come back when we need you again.

As with all wars there are those like Boeing or Lockheed who have a vested interest in seeing that any conflict carries on as long as possible. They are making a fortune out of the Ukraine. When that conflict finishes they eagerly wait or promote the next one. As always it is the good old taxpayer who picks up the tab.

I think it was Richard the third who was the last king who died in battle. Perhaps if we get those who start or profit from war on the front line we might have a few less.

Last edited:

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Putin Vs Zelenskyy would be interesting.

It is sad how soldiers are treated after the fact, doing the bidding of their political masters.

Jolls

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Ute (Jimi Hendrix)
I have to say that the support we get on operations, and available on return, is significantly improved from when our boys were in Vietnam. I had several of my seniors when I first joined who were Vietnam Vets and have had a lot to do with the 1 Field Squadron Group (engineers) over the years and have a lot of sympathy for them. They still hadn't got it right when the Tsunami hit Banda Aceh - mates got a few nights off in Bangers to recover - many have not recovered.

I can't say that I have been treated badly; however up until now (touch wood) I have not been in need of assistance. What I have seen personally though is that many of the affected do not seek, or do not follow, the assistance available.

An injury to the mind is no different to a broken arm - I just wish it did not have the same stigma (and not just for military personnel).

Last edited:

UTE042_NZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 Magnum Ute
Back in post # 15 of this thread I shared a link to a piece by Zarina Zabrisky. This morning I read another.

Once again she causes me to look at everything through other eyes. At our politicians, media, us. Safe as. Conducting petty little squabbles. Dividing ourselves up.

Jolls

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Ute (Jimi Hendrix)
It isn't a balanced and objective view; however, it certainly paints a picture. A good way to understand things from someone traumatised by the actions of Russia.

UTE042_NZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 Magnum Ute
She doesn't claim to be impersonal. Far from it. It's personal because she has nowhere. Left in the 90s, escaped to freedom from Putin's Russia "with its rabid daily-life anti-Semitism and Slavic exceptionalism". Lived half her childhood in Ukraine. Now she can't even go to her parents graves.

It's not so much about her, though the personal insights she shares are enlightening. The way the other journalist crews from the big outfits behave, the vehicles, the scenery, the little details. She paints each scenario quite vivdly in my mind with her words.

*edit* Besides, what the fcuk is a "balanced" view about Vladolf Putler trying delete the entire population of a neighbouring country?

Last edited: