Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Purple VR Is It Rare?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I don't see Tundra in the VR colour chart either?

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
The only purple I can remember were small batches of company cars for Cadbury....earliest model I remember seeing were vt wagons though.

Weird things can happen but car in first pic looks like it's been messed with unless tags state it's original colour.

A mate had ht gts monaro that was originally a highway emergency response vehicle...we only worked that out as paint code on tags was according to internet searches fb holden era for ambo's etc

DavesSV6Tonner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S V6 Cab & Chassis
Last edited:

v6mangn

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 VR BUICK
That's like a midnight purple hey, I like that. Wouldn't have been resprayed though?
Idk bro original owner reckons it wasn’t but I think it was too I’ll check colour code when I get home

v6mangn

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 VR BUICK
On Facebook I’ve seen about 3 vrs sedans bro 1 was in aus and rest here in nz they were purple and in description they never stated a respray or anything that’s why I thought maybe it was a stock rare colour Never even bothered to check colour code

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
On Facebook I’ve seen about 3 vrs sedans bro 1 was in aus and rest here in nz they were purple and in description they never stated a respray or anything that’s why I thought maybe it was a stock rare colour Never even bothered to check colour code
What part of NZ mate?

Probably look at any chips in the paint for another color below it. This sometimes shows something, but don't be deceived by primer.
Or keep in mind if it's had a partial respray for any other reason (not for color change) you may see evidence around.

v6mangn

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 VR BUICK
What part of NZ mate?

Probably look at any chips in the paint for another color below it. This sometimes shows something, but don't be deceived by primer.
Or keep in mind if it's had a partial respray for any other reason (not for color change) you may see evidence around.
Honestly bro can’t see anything

v6mangn

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 VR BUICK
What part of NZ mate?

North island