Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

P0615 and P0627

Ignoble

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
I have both P0615 and P0627 consistently coming up. Battery is near new. ECU voltage 13.8. Car starts and runs fine but sometimes plays up. I have gone right through the main battery cable checking all joints. I suspect there is a bad connection somewhere but GM wiring diagram is unhelpful. Question, does anybody have specific knowledge of how these 2 ccts are sensed? I expect that if there is a common sensing point then I would look there. Please no "have you cleaned the battery terminals". You won't like my reply.

• Haha
Reactions: Lex

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Refer to the attached from the Holden VE Service Manual, hope these help you. Looks like you may have two separate problems:

Attachments

• VE DTC P0615.pdf
    266.6 KB · Views: 85
  • VE DTC P0627, P0628, or P0629.pdf
    272.7 KB · Views: 98

Ignoble

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
I've read them. They explain next to nothing. I am certain that the issues are from the same cause as they always fault at the same time.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
creepy-psychic.gif

Guess are not going to solve the issue.
The information provided doesn’t get any better. Data solves issues.

All wiring diagrams show where plugs and connectors are. That is the nature of wiring diagrams.

Battery might be near new but if you have a fault in the charge circuit, that near battery will be poo already. Load test it. Find out its health (like phone batteries) and have the charge circuit tested. (Not guessed at) There are numerous devices on the market that do that. $50 is what they cost you. Well worth it for any VE owner.

Test the relay. Get a relay tester. $20. Plug the relay in and they test them under rapid use conditions. You’ll find faulty relays that other methods show as ok.

These are two separate problems.

Dont get the mind set they are related. Human imaginations are no tool for fault finding. Also understand that it’s not a simple or easy process. Codes don’t tell you what is broken. They tell you where to start looking.

Last edited:

Ignoble

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
creepy-psychic.gif

Guess are not going to solve the issue.
The information provided doesn’t get any better. Data solves issues.

All wiring diagrams show where plugs and connectors are. That is the nature of wiring diagrams.

Battery might be near new but if you have a fault in the charge circuit, that near battery will be poo already. Load test it. Find out its health (like phone batteries) and have the charge circuit tested. (Not guessed at) There are numerous devices on the market that do that. $50 is what they cost you. Well worth it for any VE owner.

Test the relay. Get a relay tester. $20. Plug the relay in and they test them under rapid use conditions. You’ll find faulty relays that other methods show as ok.

These are two separate problems.

Dont get the mind set they are related. Human imaginations are no tool for fault finding. Also understand that it’s not a simple or easy process. Codes don’t tell you what is broken. They tell you where to start looking.
Read the query.
1. Wiring diagrams will show exactly where the Cbus runs but unfortunately will not show how the program collates the inputs. I was hoping that somebody with a bit of wisdom and insight might respond.
2. Who but a cashed up fool would buy a "relay tester" when anybody with a multimeter and a 12v battery can achieve the same result or if you don't have the savvy just swap it with one of the other ones.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
You’ve rejected the Holden info.
Several experienced people are guiding you to do proper tests to which you have also rejected.
I wish you luck and good fortune then.

Ignoble

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
You’ve rejected the Holden info.
Several experienced people are guiding you to do proper tests to which you have also rejected.
I wish you luck and good fortune then.
The GM info which I had already read before your less than insightful post was irrelevant and pointless. If the Holden techs who generated it had the slightest clue they could have discussed where and how the DTC originates from. They were probably just auto sparkies.

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
oh well
i wont offer any advice
as i am just an auto sparkie
Car starts and runs fine but sometimes plays up.
what does sometimes plays up mean
wont go to bed on time, or doesnt pack up its toys
you want us to help you
how about you be concise with your problems