Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My HSV Clubsport

HSV-Paul

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Clubsport R8
200w.gif

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
As has been mentioned before, do it once, do it properly....That way you're not doing it again...

Now is the next query to do with torque settings... :)

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
taking the sump off try remove the bolts for the steering rack and move it forward as far as u can and u may be able to get it off without too much more trouble, otherwise u also have to lift the engine, its the gap at the front for the angle u have to be at to get the pickup out of the sump to be able to remove it

HSV-Paul

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Clubsport R8
taking the sump off try remove the bolts for the steering rack and move it forward as far as u can and u may be able to get it off without too much more trouble, otherwise u also have to lift the engine, its the gap at the front for the angle u have to be at to get the pickup out of the sump to be able to remove it
Yeah can see where it needs the lift, cheers.

Oh and gonna make a better contraption to line up the TM...

HSV-Paul

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Clubsport R8
Prep for the TM install. Raising and lowering the car was a bit long winded last time so this will work a lot better. Just need to work on fixing the timber to the bolts but that's the easy bit.

Still waiting on main seal kit, input shalf seal and bolts but should be with me early next week if not Monday.

20240426_175706.jpg
20240426_182555.jpg
Screenshot_20240426_195617_Gallery.jpg

:p

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon

HSV-Paul

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Clubsport R8
I'm told in quite a few places Inc the local LS guy that as long as I have GM plate and seal, it'll just line up. Middle 2 bolts not supertight but pinched, then 2 x 10mm below half tight, then do the rest half tight and then torque em all. Not sure of patern but ole mate said just work from top to bottom but I'd of thought more of a star pattern but yeah, but of permaseal or silicone will do on the corner edges.

I'll watch a few more vids before I do it tho and happy to buy it if I 'need' it but do I?!?!

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
I'm told in quite a few places Inc the local LS guy that as long as I have GM plate and seal, it'll just line up. Middle 2 bolts not supertight but pinched, then 2 x 10mm below half tight, then do the rest half tight and then torque em all. Not sure of patern but ole mate said just work from top to bottom but I'd of thought more of a star pattern but yeah, but of permaseal or silicone will do on the corner edges.

I'll watch a few more vids before I do it tho and happy to buy it if I 'need' it but do I?!?!

With the sump off, you should be able to use a straight edge to check if the rear plate is sitting level and true?

I did read somewhere that the thing that causes issues in tightening up those two (very) long bolts holding the sump and pulling the rear plate out of alignment. I‘m not fully across it, but my limited understanding is that the bolts that hold the rear plate to the block need to be tight before those two long bolts are tightened.

There was also some mention that if the bottom edge (the edge that the sump attaches to) of rear plate isn’t sitting flat, then an oil leak is likely. Again, it’s only stuff I‘ve read on the web (so no personal experience).

Last edited:

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Not 100% sure of the episode and can't be bothered looking, but I'm sure one of these shows when the real seal alignment tool is needed....And memory serves me right, don't need it if the seal is already fitted to the plate...They show it being fitted to a new plate, that doesn't have the seal already fitted

Oh and it shows the bolt tightening pattern too

HSV-Paul

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Clubsport R8
Not 100% sure of the episode and can't be bothered looking, but I'm sure one of these shows when the real seal alignment tool is needed....And memory serves me right, don't need it if the seal is already fitted to the plate...They show it being fitted to a new plate, that doesn't have the seal already fitted

Oh and it shows the bolt tightening pattern too

Yeah the 2nd one, cheers! ... :)

Just ordering a barbell. Someone on here mentioned it as well so while we're in there....