Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My HSV Clubsport

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
Yeah I'll get one ordered, we'll spotted, I didn't see it...

Maybe post up some pictures of the centre bearing too? Some other members here might be able to offer their views on whether it is okay or not. Centre bearing are well known for causing vibration issues.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Oh FFS this is getting really silly now. Just taking the car apart to get TM off and just see this....

View attachment 267758

Bloody bolt missing from diff end. That would cause vibration I'm sure. TM still needs to come out but WTF....

Day 4 without pot and hopefully I'll be thinking a bit clearer from now on..
Make sure you have the same bolts at all points. The two different ones will have different weights. Vibrations will occur. That’s evident there by the stresses in that coupling. It’s absorbing some things it shouldn’t be.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
No and to make things worse I think there's only about 5ltrs of oil in there. Checked online last night and 12 odd quarts apparently which equates to as good as 12 litres.

I read 4 or 5 ltrs here ... https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/6l80e-trans-fluid.286565/

Having half the oil wouldn't cause that racket tho hey, damaged already done I reckon...
The whole system takes 12 or whatever litres. When you drop the pan, l think it's 4 - 6 litres?

THe system needs the proper amount of fluid in it, work properly.

By getting under the car & having a look, you've determined what the vibration is (we hope)?

Now for the noises?

Get the correct amount of fluid in it. Because it WON'T WORK properly unless it has. Did l say itWON'T WORK PROPERLY UNLESS IT HAS!
Take note of above because it is very important.

Now when that bolt & coupling has been replaced, & the transmission fluid is at the proper level, it might or probably will work.

OH yes l forgot about the trans fluid or was it engine oil oil leak.
Determine which one it is, & fix the f#cker!

Now all of thye above has been taken care of, now is the time to test it. Why because hopefully you've taken all the bad things THAT ARE OBVIOUS, & maybe the car will do what it's supposed to do, & whats that? Put a smile on Pauls face at WOT.;):D:):cool:

HSV-Paul

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Clubsport R8
Make sure you have the same bolts at all points. The two different ones will have different weights. Vibrations will occur. That’s evident there by the stresses in that coupling. It’s absorbing some things it shouldn’t be.
I had diff bolts too. Fark I'm good hey... :rolleyes:

HSV-Paul

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Clubsport R8
The whole system takes 12 or whatever litres. When you drop the pan, l think it's 4 - 6 litres?

THe system needs the proper amount of fluid in it, work properly.

By getting under the car & having a look, you've determined what the vibration is (we hope)?

Now for the noises?

Get the correct amount of fluid in it. Because it WON'T WORK properly unless it has. Did l say itWON'T WORK PROPERLY UNLESS IT HAS!
Take note of above because it is very important.

Now when that bolt & coupling has been replaced, & the transmission fluid is at the proper level, it might or probably will work.

OH yes l forgot about the trans fluid or was it engine oil oil leak.
Determine which one it is, & fix the f#cker!

Now all of thye above has been taken care of, now is the time to test it. Why because hopefully you've taken all the bad things THAT ARE OBVIOUS, & maybe the car will do what it's supposed to do, & whats that? Put a smile on Pauls face at WOT.;):D:):cool:
Half way to getting the TM out...

HSV-Paul

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Clubsport R8
What was leaking oil or trans fluid & where from?
No idea yet. Oil on starter motor so who knows. Hopefully will see when I get TM out...

Screenshot_20240508_124005_Gallery.jpg

:D

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
No idea yet. Oil on starter motor so who knows. Hopefully will see when I get TM out...

View attachment 267759

:D

I was going to suggest wrapping a turn or two of insulation tape around the universal joint so you have a bit more control. It’ll still articulate, but won’t flop around so much.