Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My HSV Clubsport

HSV-Paul

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Clubsport R8
Gonna pull the speedo cluster out and see if I can sort this fuel needle, sommit ain't right..

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
Gonna pull the speedo cluster out and see if I can sort this fuel needle, sommit ain't right..
did u try the test in engineering mode settings ? if pointer sits right there then its fine, could even be either sender in the tank as when they play up it will read lower then actual

HSV-Paul

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Clubsport R8
did u try the test in engineering mode settings ? if pointer sits right there then its fine, could even be either sender in the tank as when they play up it will read lower then actual
No I didn't but am playing with the car all today so will give it a go.

Also real keen to swap my throttle body to the GM one I got, but maybe hold fire and sort out the traction control isse first, prob want it running without codes / issues till I start with that. TBH I haven't seen low power mode trip for a while but I know if I just leave it it WILL trip soon, it always will at some point. EVERY trigger now is when rolling and the throttle is doing nothing, Would prob be easier to diagnose if it was tripping like before when throttle was fully pressed but anyways. A tuner who was present when I got that shitty converter from the wreckers said to get a silver GM if it is supposed to have a silver and take to him and he'll default the ECM. With a search on here it seems just removing battery for 10 mins will do it but not convinced it'll *default* it, only reset it. I still think ole mate who had it before me got hold of HPTuners and went in and messed about, really wouldn't surprise me as he messed about with pretty much everything else... :rolleyes:

HSV-Paul

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Clubsport R8
Now not just saying traction control is off / on / off it shows an ABS fault, which makes me think it's something down by the brakes hey...

HSV-Paul

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Clubsport R8
So Engineering Mode and Self Test....

Petrol gauge as you see doesn't hit maximum. When I fill to the brim it shows just over 75% full, and when low it goes way below the red E line.

While powered up I've moved the needle and now...

Will fill up car on next pay but could that be it one wonders...

Oh and only thing is when I switch ignition on it does this, I didn't think there was any movement with ignition coming on...

I'll see where the needle goes now when I fill and might even leave the screen off so I can get the needle bang on.