Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My 2006 VZ SS 6L Manual ute! (never dial-up friendly)

Gaiter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Thunder
Interesting, paint has gone on mine in the exact same spot on the handles.

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
www.devildrake.deviantart.com
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
Yeah I bought the car with it like that and the fuel Cap. Much better now.

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
Yeah I really need to get around to getting the cam stuff sorted , still thinking the vcm 5sc for me

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
Yeah I really need to get around to getting the cam stuff sorted , still thinking the vcm 5sc for me

I've looked into many cams man and that seems the best all-rounder for a forced-induction, you could go a little harsher since it's not a daily but i'm sure this will be enough anyway.

I've looked into it and been in contact with VCM and it seems i might go VCM884 instead (New grind from a month or so ago, 228/228 @ 114LSA, 2200RPM to 7000RPM band. Being 114LSA the idle won't be very choppy which is a bit of a downer but if it pulls like a freight train then I'd be happy. I was so much leading towards VCM7 but i just don't know how it'll handle in daily driving. Probably won't happen for a while anyway.

Anyway... $300+ later.. I have gearbox oil, fuel filter, oil filter, oil, and a pressure filler as i've always needed one.

Hopefully it's right oil filter because they wouldn't tell me if it's Z663 or Z170 or whatever it was and i can't see it without jacking car up..

After I do all this it'll have new oil from the diff to the engine besides brakes/clutch fluid which i can do when i do brakes etc.

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
According to the Ryco book I have here says Z160 for Gen4/L76/L98.

Gaiter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Thunder
Z160. Bought wrong one and had to walk back to SCA to get the right one. Mistake I will never make again.

Going with 10w-50? I normally just use 5w-30, altho I am doing frequent changes because it comes out so black atm after like 4000km, so trying to get it cleaner.

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
Looks like I'm going to be changing mone over too haha. I'll just jack up and car and double check before i start.

Yeah man the car is 5w from factory, as cars get older generally you go a thicker blend. You might find the reason your oil is going black so fast is because it's too thin.

I'll let you know how this goes after 5k since that's when I'll service it

Gaiter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Thunder
Yea, good idea to check it first. I found the other one had to wide of an opening.

Ill look into going up a weight when I run out next