Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My 1993 VR Commodore Restore.

AussieHolden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon 2006
Any news on this thing?

Sorry for the late updates things have been slow but I have installed the new door mirror's and the the door chrome strips inside and out I only have the quater windows to do later on. I have also resprayed the wheel arches and have cleaned the alloy wheels. I am also cleaning the air vents and giving the inside a wipe down before I use a repair spray on the interior. Next month I should have it tinted. I also have installed new speakers in the front doors.

loving your work on this so far! how much did the coil of chrome stripe cost you? and where did you get it?

I got it of a guy on ebay but his stock was limited not sure if he is still selling them for around $30.

AussieHolden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon 2006
Installed my tunelink bluetooth dongle that now hides behind the centre console so now I can jump in my car and my stereo plays my music straight off my iphone 4S and when needed will charge my iphone or an ipod.

I am also in the middle of installing the cruise and not having fun with that for some reason I think it is not working I only hope I did not get a dodge cruise module.

F l a k

Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR Exec
How do you install the inside chrome window strips? Just pull the trim off and press them on? And also how did the wheel arches come up and what did you use to paint them?

Hope you can sort out the cruise issue

AussieHolden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon 2006
How do you install the inside chrome window strips? Just pull the trim off and press them on? And also how did the wheel arches come up and what did you use to paint them?

Hope you can sort out the cruise issue

The inside trim was not fun mind you I had to take of all the door panels so when it came to putting the door panels back it was a matter of trying to slip the top panel into the groves and then using a flat head screw driver to slip up the rubber that was caught between the panel and the rubber trim so it all looks flat. Just need to take your time with it and don't rush it more or less what I have been doing on the whole car anyways.

Next week I will have the car tinted if not the week after.

AussieHolden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon 2006
Here are some pics of the car tinted and with the chrome trimming.

3cfcdc36.jpg

332148b8.jpg

Last edited:

Bizmark

Reaction score
Members Ride
93' Pov-Pac
The VR is coming up nicely, are you going to do anything about the trolley strips on the doors?