Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My 1993 VR Commodore Restore.

AussieHolden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon 2006
Hi guys as of yesterday I have taken ownership of my older sisters VR Commodore sedan I didn't have time to take before shots of the car as I had to drop it of to my mechanic's to have the engine changed as the current engine has developed the dreaded engine knock in the rear of the engine. When I get the car back I will take pics before I do anything else. I have been ordering allot of parts off ebay for the car in the next few months.

I only intend to restore the car back to it's more or less stock look as at the moment it's just plain grubby inside and out due to were my sister works in the middle of farms in Werribee and been driven up and down the highway from Geelong to Werribee.

I won't get the car back for around 2 to 3 weeks as 1. I am in no rush and 2. I don't want to push either the wrecker or mechanic so hence I am getting a cheaper price on both.

Watch this space :spot on:

AussieHolden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon 2006
Ok here are some images I wanted to take them before I took it to the car wash but I forgot as you can see they have started work on it already to get it ready for the new engine.

IMAG0057.jpg

IMAG0054.jpg

IMAG0056.jpg

The engine is a reco and it's only done about 120000k's and it has the big end bearing clonk going on there not worth the money these days. :rip:
IMAG0055.jpg

Last edited:

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Good to see you have some proper tail lights ready to go.

F l a k

Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR Exec
Nice plans mate, I'll be keeping an eye out to see how you progress. I've done some similar mods, not the engine swap though. Did you buy the grills from a dealership? How hard are they to fit? and what did they cost, if you don't mind me asking. So glad you're swapping those lights haha. You should hit up MACE for some goodies while the motors being done :p

AussieHolden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon 2006
Nice plans mate, I'll be keeping an eye out to see how you progress. I've done some similar mods, not the engine swap though. Did you buy the grills from a dealership? How hard are they to fit? and what did they cost, if you don't mind me asking. So glad you're swapping those lights haha. You should hit up MACE for some goodies while the motors being done :p

I brought the chrome grills of ebay for around $63 for the set genuine Holden parts. Allot of the parts so far have been off ebay as well.

Last edited:

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
Doesn't look grubby at all mate! How many k's on the original engine? Will look so much tidier with the genuine tail lights!

AussieHolden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon 2006
Doesn't look grubby at all mate! How many k's on the original engine? Will look so much tidier with the genuine tail lights!

The engine that is in there now about 120000k's or less. I had just taken the VR to the car wash and gave it a rough scrub down it was looking brown and looks a little brown inside from dust.

The paint is still good it needs a good cut & polish just a complete detail inside and out to get it back up to my standard.

I have now ordered chrome strips for the front and rear bars and will be getting some for the side as well.

I am also tracking down the chrome trimming for around the windows.

Bizmark

Reaction score
Members Ride
93' Pov-Pac
Looks like it came up good with a wash.

You got some sensible mods going on/planned, will you be replacing the motor with another Buick V6, or going for something different?