Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

how to clean brake dust off wheels

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I watch a fair bit of this young blokes detailing vids. They are pretty chill. He does some good playlists.

Anthony .

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 VR V6 Executive
I watch a fair bit of this young blokes detailing vids. They are pretty chill. He does some good playlists.

Those YouTube detailing videos are so satisfying! I watch plenty of them but have never seen this guy

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Blasphemy ! ! You should be ashamed. :mad:
Yeah, maybe I should start washing the inside each weekly wash best I can. Then get BT up on the hoist to finish them off. I can actually wash the inside a fait bit with just a noodle mitt during the regular wash. I just don't normally bother. Terrible I know....

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
Yeah, maybe I should start washing the inside each weekly wash best I can. Then get BT up on the hoist to finish them off. I can actually wash the inside a fait bit with just a noodle mitt during the regular wash. I just don't normally bother. Terrible I know....
You've got a hoist, your undercarriage should get some tender OCD love as well

I'm buying a retirement home in the NSW Southern Tablelands in under 2 years, 1st house/garage mod will be a hoist to make my OCD more ergonomic

2nd mod will be all of the solar panels and central heating for the garage, and maybe even the house

My Minister for war and Finances is struggling with the new house requirements that I've set, but I'm buying it so if she doesn't like it she can live with one of the kids
Car guy house blueprints.jpeg

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I used to rag and brake clean the underside of the trans and sump and k frame. Don't have too now though that the leaks are fixed.

I could clean the inside of the wheels but where does it end? I already spend over an hour each week washing, wiping and vaccing. When I had the pit at my old house I would clean the old ute underside with a pressure washer. But I was driving on gravel roads at least fortnightly back then. I did notice tonight my bonnet wasn't beading when I washed it. Almost wishing I had bought the wax and polishing towels over so I could sort it but, my broom noodle mitt, bucket and drying towels had to be enough I decided.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon

I'm buying a retirement home in the NSW Southern Tablelands in under 2 years, 1st house/garage mod will be a hoist to make my OCD more ergonomic

2nd mod will be all of the solar panels and central heating for the garage, and maybe even the house

My Minister for war and Finances is struggling with the new house requirements that I've set, but I'm buying it so if she doesn't like it she can live with one of the kids
View attachment 256533
I'll have one too! :)