Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden boss Dave Buttner steps down after the company posts its lowest sales since 1948

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Here you go holden if you're listening. Make a ZL1 Colorado with the LT1 V8 make 1000 and they will sell guess what you'll sell 10,000 normal Colorados ontop of that market interest.

How much do you think toyota sold on the popularity of the 86??? I'm guessing it was good which is why they brought back the Supra to drive more sales. Even though you can't afford a Supra it can sway buyers into that brand as the Supra appeals to those buyers and they might buy a camry or 86 or upgrade that camry to the sportivo.

Holden lost this top tier selling the bottom tier idea and thought they could offload junk with nothing to head the brand and it's been a massive failure. I said 3 years ago they need the Camaro on sale floors by 2018 and it's not going to hit them untill 2021...... big fail GM.

Now GM is going to sell Cadillac here so what they offer a SVT? why didn't they just rebadge that as the new Commodore??? thats where it came from as it uses the VE chassis with some mods..... It's a branding shmozzel.

One model selling 10,000 units a year won't save Holden. The Hilux hasn't been Toyota's only success, the Corolla also sells in solid numbers, the RAV, Prado, Cruiser, all solid sellers. Just matching one successful model from your opposition doesn't ensure you can match them overall. Talk of Camaro and Corvette won't save them either, nor a Cadillac, because their combined sales per year wouldn't exceed about 30,000. Holden needs a range of cars that will sell a total of around 90 to 100,000 per year to get back up the sales ladder with security.
I doubt that GM has the cars in its inventory to do it and I think the Australian car buyer has moved on. My generation put Holden on top, but the buyers of today think Hyundai, Toyota, Kia, Mazda and Mitsubishi. Holden has become irrelevant.

DavesSV6Tonner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S V6 Cab & Chassis
Now GM is going to sell Cadillac here so what they offer a SVT? why didn't they just rebadge that as the new Commodore??? thats where it came from as it uses the VE chassis with some mods..... It's a branding shmozzel.

Can clearly see the VE/VF DNA. Listening to his voice for more than 3 minutes gives me the sh#@s.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
One model selling 10,000 units a year won't save Holden. The Hilux hasn't been Toyota's only success, the Corolla also sells in solid numbers, the RAV, Prado, Cruiser, all solid sellers. Just matching one successful model from your opposition doesn't ensure you can match them overall. Talk of Camaro and Corvette won't save them either, nor a Cadillac, because their combined sales per year wouldn't exceed about 30,000. Holden needs a range of cars that will sell a total of around 90 to 100,000 per year to get back up the sales ladder with security.
I doubt that GM has the cars in its inventory to do it and I think the Australian car buyer has moved on. My generation put Holden on top, but the buyers of today think Hyundai, Toyota, Kia, Mazda and Mitsubishi. Holden has become irrelevant.
You're one of the problems with holden. Your thinking goes to the top and with the same attitude it's impossible to turn the company around.

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
You're one of the problems with holden. Your thinking goes to the top and with the same attitude it's impossible to turn the company around.

Spent your whole working life in vehicle sales and marketing have you ?
If you have, why don't you take the top job and save Holdens arse, then you can be the solution to the problem.
I really don't think that anyone here will give a f#ck who you blame for holden not being able to turn the company around

My opinion...…..
Post VF.........Holden only sell crap nowadays
Toyota has kicked Holdens arse in sales for years
Don't like my opinion, I don't give a f#ck either

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Spent your whole working life in vehicle sales and marketing have you ?
If you have, why don't you take the top job and save Holdens arse, then you can be the solution to the problem.
I really don't think that anyone here will give a f#ck who you blame for holden not being able to turn the company around

My opinion...…..
Post VF.........Holden only sell crap nowadays
Toyota has kicked Holdens arse in sales for years
Don't like my opinion, I don't give a f#ck either
You're a bad listener just like holden.

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
You're a bad listener just like holden.

Yeah, maybe I am a bad listener
But you seem to think you have all the answers to Holdens problems and are quite happy to tell members their what's wrong with the whole Holden situation
Maybe it's time to put up or shut up

Last edited:

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224

The Caddies are built on the Alpha platform, same as the Camaro. HSV has shown us how much work is involved converting to RHD, which the platform was never designed for... GM has binned the Zeta platform...

GM are only interested in 3 markets, North America, South America and China. They couldn't give a toss about the rest of the world...

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2

Who the hell do you think you are to make a judgement like that? When was the last time you bought a new Holden? If you want to start throwing know-all idiotic statements like that feel free. You're actually stupid enough to believe that by selling an extra 10,000 Colorados, Holden's problems will be solved. Perhaps you should put your hand up for a job there. I hear they are looking for a genius for the top job right now.

Last edited:

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
If GM are going to sell a Cadillac here, have a look at the 2020 CT5, vaguely looks like ZB, same drivetrain as a ZB.
But they are unlikely to dumb down their premium brand to a Camry competitor. The previous aborted effort was a high priced competitor to a VE Calais, which would have appealed for snob value only.
I'm an expert on what Holden are going to do in the future :cool:, look for a Chinese Buick ZC Commodore at your local Chev dealer.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224

Holden's biggest problem was, it wasn't selling enough vehicles...
How many new Holden's have you bought since your VR?