Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fault code P0660

adam sv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Have had the check engine light on for a short while now and finally got around to checking it... Used 'torque' android app to scan for faults (works veeery well actually :thumbsup:) and got this bad boy come up:

P0660 Intake Manifold Tuning Valve Control Circuit/Open Bank 1

The description it gives on the code is all jargon to me but i cant seem to find anything else from a google search on how to fix the 'problem.'

adam sv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
here is what the description detailed if your interested...

DTC Application note for Intake Manifold Tuning Valves and Intake Manifold Runner controls: Active controls are used to modify or control airflow within the engine air intake system. These controls may be used to enhance or modify in-cylinder airflow motion (charge motion), modify the airflow dynamics (manifold tuning) within the intake manifold or both. Devices that control charge motion are commonly called Intake Manifold Runner Control, Swirl Control Valve, and Charge Motion Control Valve. The ISO/SAE recommended term for any device that controls charge motion is Intake Manifold Runner Control (IMRC). Devices that control manifold dynamics or manifold tuning are commonly called Intake Manifold Tuning Valve, Long/Short Runner Control and Intake Manifold Communication Control. The SAE recommended term for any device that controls manifold tuning is Intake Manifold Tuning (IMT) Valve.

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
There you go, item 755 in the attached diagram:
1660895192673.png

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Well, you don't need to pull the engine out, but the workshop manual is quite difficult to follow for a number of reasons. Suggest you wait until other members comment on your thread and get the benefit of their practical experience. VE workshop manual is available via the attached link. Note that the size is 630Mb and none of the internal links are active. I wouldn't recommend you download to your phone.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4Fgnxs7df80ZjBsamhhSm1DaEE/view?usp=docslist_api

Martbar

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF Series 2 SSV Redline.
Well, you don't need to pull the engine out, but the workshop manual is quite difficult to follow for a number of reasons. Suggest you wait until other members comment on your thread and get the benefit of their practical experience. VE workshop manual is available via the attached link. Note that the size is 630Mb and none of the internal links are active. I wouldn't recommend you download to your phone.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4Fgnxs7df80ZjBsamhhSm1DaEE/view?usp=docslist_api
Dead right about not downloading to phone. After l downloaded to phone l've run out of storage. Still handy having it as a reference.

brmadmin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Adventurer @ Ve Sedan hers

Thanks for that