Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

EYY's VY Calais LS1

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Will have a crack at the interior at some stage. Bought some Oakwood cleaner and conditioner to try on it.

Would like either supers or sigs but both are hard to find at a decent price. Sigs always seem to be cracked too :(

Will lower it slightly but nothing extreme.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Ride height doesn't look too bad but won't know untill fit other wheels...as long as rear sits level with front will look sweet.

Knew that Signature copies cracked easily,genuine HSV rims should be fine but double check not buckled as most of mine were hitting Sydney's numerous potholes.

Yeah have noticed dont really see Supersports much these days as they're one of my fave rims...the series 2 versions on later vf redlines(?)or whatever they are not as nice.

Ironically on vy ss ute went tried HSV 19's to black 18' granges then back to original 17's for nicer ride & cheaper skid tyres.

exec24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina Series 2
The main things you'll need to change are:
-Larger fuel line
-I took these out the same VX SS i purchased,so thats not an issue.

-Loom, pcm, bcm and keyhead - The engine harness i bought is from a WK statesman, i do have the VIN for it. and the computer is from the VX SS again, so i have the VIN for that too. BCM and Key i'll reuse mine (i will pair them, ive just bought a tech 2)

-Neutral safety switch. I couldn't find the loom i actually needed, which would probably be the same one you have (VY series 2 v8 with Traction control, so i bought one out of a late model 2003 WK which uses the early type transmission plugs for the start switch (same type the VX had on it). i want to put the VY Series 2 plug back on it as there easier to install/remove than the early type. initially when i stripped the VX i had to lower the trans to undo the top plug, im pretty sure it was stuck. I've got a plug out of a VY Series 2 wagon, already just gotta change them over on the loom. Also just so you know VZ v6 are the same plug but are pinned different and have 1 or 2 less wires in them. i made that mistake.

-ABS Module - got one a few weeks ago, out of a 2004 VY Berlina Ls1, with low k's

-LS1 fuel pump. bought a s/hand VY series 2 one, but have since bought a new Walbro one as i have a new bit's for the engine before it goes in

-V6 cluster -i have a WK Grange cluster in my VY so i'll program it back to v8 with tech 2

-Extractors - picked up a pair of Pacemakers a while back i quite good condition.

-Diff - I took the M80 out the VX SS, but have since had it rebuild, with 3.7 diff gears and a Eaton Trutrac. this will probably go in after the conversion, diff builder told me to not run it in while the cars on a dyno getting tuned

-Radiator - I've got a New VZ Manual Radiator and a pair of s/hand fans ready for it (VX SS ones were damaged)

-A/C lines and condenser. i managed to get a new a/c lines but they were $400. found them extremely had to find s/hand and were still $150-200 s/hand. will get a new condenser too at some stage (also damaged from the VX SS)

Power steering - i'll reuse my v6 one, i've got a new high pressure line and reco pump but everything else i have is from the VX SS or existing from my vy

Last edited:

Trev81

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt ss
Hey mate in your 5th picture there's a house poking out in the gearbox well im having trouble figuring what that is cause mine has it an don't no what it does ? Any help?

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
2F1DCD8F-953E-43B0-9114-C0736EF87CAD.jpeg
9BDC96C6-1724-4539-BD5A-C68085480C0F.jpeg

Been slowly working toward getting this on the road. Got some wheels sorted for it, painted the roof spoiler and hbd bobtail along with the VZ sideskirts. VZ rear bar is in primer too.

The diff I fitted from the donor car has a pinion seal leak, so I’m currently rebuilding a diff for it with 3.7’s and lsd as a replacement.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Started to wet sand the bonnet and boot. Used dry guide coat and seemed to get a pretty good finish. Excuse the sideways photo - trying to upload on my phone and the forum keeps rotating that one lol

539587D1-B99A-47C6-89D6-4E4A4F2500FF.jpeg

B0A8AC29-A5BD-4F88-AF43-E09B2771DB70.jpeg

Planning to paint on Saturday if all goes to plan this week. Still have the roof to sand - will attack that on Friday night.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
That what I call a 2 tone calais brah :cool: