Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Damaged WH1 fuel tank

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I went through this with the tank on my crewman. They are not repairable.

whtoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH2 Caprice
My first call to the local wreckers on monday morning got me a tank for $125. A bargain. Thanks for your advice.
IMG_3426.jpg

whtoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH2 Caprice
Gidday everyone. I am after some advice on what i am missing here ,please ? I got the pump out of the old tank easily enough but cant` for the life of me get the pump to go into the new one. It will go in on one side but i cannot get it to go in straight down and evenly. I have tried to keep the float up as it goes in but not sure if that matters anyway. The Tanks are both marked the same and i cannot see any difference or any reason it should not go straight in. Even the depth of the hole in the tank is the same from the surface to the bottom. What am i doing wrong ,please ? It will go in easily in the original old tank but not the new one. I appears this pump may be too long. I see marks on the floor of the tank where it looks to be bottoming out. Should i take it back to the wreckers to get the pump they took out of it ? Thanks.

Attachments

• oldtank.jpg
    oldtank.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 28
  • newtank2.jpg
    newtank2.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 30
  • newtankandpump.jpg
    newtankandpump.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 27
  • oldtankid number.jpg
    oldtankid number.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 31
  • newtankidnumber.jpg
    newtankidnumber.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 29
  • tankfloor.jpg
    tankfloor.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
there will be a tang in the module that should line up with a tang in the tank, the height is ment to sit on the bottom and the springs just hold it there, if the outside dosnt fit then u can remove some of the tank plastic so it fits just dont go too close to the channel where the oring sits, only do minimal removal or plastic, there were alot of different pumps from vt-vz so its a good chance what was in it wont suit yours but your one should fit they are all the same but some tanks may be a little tight so have to remove some from the tank

whtoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH2 Caprice
there will be a tang in the module that should line up with a tang in the tank, the height is ment to sit on the bottom and the springs just hold it there, if the outside dosnt fit then u can remove some of the tank plastic so it fits just dont go too close to the channel where the oring sits, only do minimal removal or plastic, there were alot of different pumps from vt-vz so its a good chance what was in it wont suit yours but your one should fit they are all the same but some tanks may be a little tight so have to remove some from the tank
Thankyou. I finally just got it it go in. I gave it a harder tap with the mash hammer on the plastic on the right side for it to push in . I was afraid of smashing it but it only had less than 10mm to be flush and it worked out this time. Never had this trouble before. All good now. Thanks 07GTS

Reactions: Lex

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
just make sure the tangs line up or it will leak

Reactions: Lex

whtoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH2 Caprice
just make sure the tangs line up or it will leak
The 5 slotted metal bits ? Yep. They went in smoothly and tight. Looks like the O ring is sitting in correctly. I`ll put some fuel in it and turn it upside down tomorrow before i fit it to see if it leaks. Cheers.