Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Coupe 4 - Very Nice!

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
A few notes from Street Machine (December 03)

*The coupe 4's donk is rated at 270kW (15kW less than a ClubSport) and uses 41mm headers, as the HSV 44mm units foul on the left front driveshaft.

*HSV's beaut premium brakes (four or six piston front calipers) could not be made to fit, so the Coupe 4 runs twin-piston front calipers mated with large 336mm AP discs.

*To enable the Coupe 4's glorious quad exhausts to be fitted, HSV had to use the Pontiac GTO-spec fuel tank, mounted behind the passenger seats.

*Dealing with the extra 30mm of track each side also means that both the front and rear gaurds will be trimmed on the production line (before paint) then fitted with those cool flares - shades of A9X!

*Most of the Coupe's Quad Drive system is a striaght carryover from the Adventra's Cross Trac set-up, but with a new steering knuckle, front lower control arms, rear semi-trailing arms and wiring harness.

*The Coupe 4 will be heavy, not as porky as the two-tonne Adventra, but at 1800kg, it will be at least 126kg more than a GTS.

*The 19inch GTS rims shown in the pics (and at the motor shows) will be replaced with new 19inch rollers specific to the Coupe.

*The plan is for a build of 100 units in 2004.

*Will come with a 4 speed auto only.

*HSV claim a 0-100km/h time og 6.3-seconds on gravel!

*All direct from Street Machine*
Damm that was alot of typing

L

littras

QUOTE (mickey @ Dec 4 2003, 02:11 PM)I think the power drop is due to the route of the exhaust system on aussie cars.  The Pontiac variant has a bucketload more power because the exhaust is not impeded by the aussie fuel tank.  Yanks have tougher rear impact laws that required the repositioning of the fuel tank,  as a result the GTO has a real classic V8 growl.
The reason the Pontiac has a bucketload more power is because they have a 6lt engine under the hood.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
QUOTE (littras @ Feb 12 2004, 04:04 PM) QUOTE (mickey @ Dec 4 2003, 02:11 PM)I think the power drop is due to the route of the exhaust system on aussie cars.  The Pontiac variant has a bucketload more power because the exhaust is not impeded by the aussie fuel tank.  Yanks have tougher rear impact laws that required the repositioning of the fuel tank,  as a result the GTO has a real classic V8 growl.
The reason the Pontiac has a bucketload more power is because they have a 6lt engine under the hood.
Maybe wrong but from memory is still a 5.7Lt, just a few diff mods, eg: exhaust

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
I think its great, Watching and reading articles about gto's etc and the biggest downfall is the pissweak rear wheel drive system, just wheel spin and spending alot of time trying to keep the thing straight.

Just imagine the better starts etc that you'd get, or the fun you'd have lighting up all four doing some donuts.

I read something like.. 6.7 0-100 .. on gravel. Thats really quite impressive I reckon.

Also saw the old Gto against an r34 gtr. The GTO had more power, but the gtr smashed it simply because of how it gets the power to ground. If hsv start using the cross track system *properly* theres certainly going to be some fun to be had.

MYSS94

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSVR | VU2 SS Ute
QUOTE (bextor84 @ Feb 12 2004, 09:13 PM) If hsv start using the cross track system *properly* theres certainly going to be some fun to be had.
I couldn't agree more bextor.

Summed it up beautifully!

TheLucksta

Reaction score
Just wait untill holden bring out the next series of the coupe 4 (even though the first series isn't out yet), with better technology it'll probably weigh just as less as a monaro.

N

nana_shake

I totally agree - i cant keep my eyes off the pics i hav of the car...but it's quite expensive... but it's such a good car..=D :)

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Yeah I can't wait to see a modded 4wd commodore getting around going against some import 4wds

gogoboygareth

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Commodore Exec
I know that the 4WD system ought to make it handle better - but woah, a car that weighs that much, with that much power - yet only has twin-piston calipers... !?!

... Sure, 4WD will help you put the goods to the ground, but there's no way you're stopping any time soon. :)

I think I'll stick with the GTR as my dream car for a while yet...

- Gareth