Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Compromised Account Passwords

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
How about something that a non-Holden person would never guess ...... 1 5 3 6 2 4.

But, seriously ...... how do you change your password on JC ?
Click on your user name. Then click on passwords.
Then you will be asked for existing p/w, then a new p/w.
Then probably save.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Password managers can and often are compromised. Norton and LastPass were both "hacked" last year, with in excess of 30 million users affected globally. The ruse is often simply getting users to click on a link for a fake product update. Lazy fools get shafted easier. These recent ones might be from some of those farmings.
I think using password managers is a good way of setting yourself up for a big fall. If huge companies can't keep secure, how is the little person gonna.

I have a little book thats kept in a secure spot. It has all my passwords for sites l use. I don't use my pc or phone. Thats like using the manager, asking for trouble.
If l use it enough, usually memory is good enough.
When l can't, the book comes out.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Was it hooked up to the internet?
They were but very limited access and in the end they removed our online access. There was one PC with good internet access, they occasionally changed the password on that. When I left I believe it was Password12 :)

I use a random password generator for most websites stored on a password manager (local PC only), some websites I use 2FA. There are a couple of websites that I use passwords not written or recorded anywhere.

On some websites that I might only use once I use what I call one time passwords, random generated but not recorded. If I ever need to go back onto that site I'll have to reset and re-authenticate the password/account.

I also have multiple email addresses, some that are disposable only used for non critical websites and if one is compromised and starts getting lots of spam etc it can easily be deleted without major consequences.

trel

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VXII Equipe Wagon
Good ol fashioned safe and a note book. In reality the only way to keep your passwords/data truly safe is to be off the internet...

Reactions: Lex

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
How about something that a non-Holden person would never guess ...... 1 5 3 6 2 4.

But, seriously ...... how do you change your password on JC ?

No good....Ford people will guess it....Then we'll have an invasion of them... :oops:

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
Ford's firing order password ............ 1 5 * 6 2 4 * 5 3 * 2 4 1 * 3 6 * 4 1 5 3 * 2 4 * 5 3 * 2 4 * 5 * 6 2 4 * * * NRMA 13 11 22.
*Transmission milk shaked
*Suspension and diff stuffed
*Power steering pump whining
*Lots of rust

There's a reason why Ford stands for FIX OR REPAIR DAILY ;)

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.

Hole Denn

Reaction score
Members Ride
HoleDens
yer my original account last year was playing up, would'nt accept my passowrd which I had written down in book.

I tried and tried for a few times, in end thought fuckk it and had to make a new almost same name.