Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cellink Neo battery rebuild

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
Awesome work man, you have natural talent. This is a skill and gear that will change your battery life
I was hoping there was more to life than fixing batteries, but hey i'll settle for anything right now :D

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Fixing the things I can is a life well lived. It makes the world go round for me and my own. It's great to see people who can work with their brain and hands.... work with their brain and hands

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
I was hoping there was more to life than fixing batteries, but hey i'll settle for anything right now :D
I'm interested to know how the new battery set goes on it's first recharge after they have been flattened from whatever they where powering?

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
I'm interested to know how the new battery set goes on it's first recharge after they have been flattened from whatever they where powering?
This is how much power is left since i posted yesterday. The car probly wont get driven till the battery is flat , but were looking at 36 hours of parking mode at a rough guesstimate and it has been recording all day, i have been in the garage all day today with the door open . What will be interesting is to see how much charge it will get when its driven next
Screenshot_20240225_163152_CELLINK Neo.jpg

Reactions: Lex

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
Fixing the things I can is a life well lived. It makes the world go round for me and my own. It's great to see people who can work with their brain and hands.... work with their brain and hands
I have allways been a fan of trying to fix stuff myself, sometimes it pays off, other times i have to have a couple or a few goes to get it right, but also i believe in "if you don't use it you lose it"

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
This is how much power is left since i posted yesterday. The car probly wont get driven till the battery is flat , but were looking at 36 hours of parking mode at a rough guesstimate and it has been recording all day, i have been in the garage all day today with the door open . What will be interesting is to see how much charge it will get when its driven next
View attachment 264614
The car charges the battery pack?
Does it have a smart charger for the lithium battery pack?

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
The car charges the battery pack?
Does it have a smart charger for the lithium battery pack?
Yes, the car charges the battery pack when it's being driven, then uses the pack when parked so as not to drain the car battery . The are other alternatives when connected directly to the car battery that cut off connectivity when the battery runs low

Last edited:

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
For lower end dashcam you can use the Blackview Power Magic Pro that will disconnect when the Car battery power is low , you can set the voltage this will happen or with higher end dashcams this comes as a feature within the dashcam settings

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
The car went for a drive today, apparently driven for a couple of hours due to forgetting the soup was left cooking, so it involved a trip back home and a trip out again :rolleyes: But anyhoo the Cellink returned home fully charged, it still had 27% this morning and only used so much the first night in park mode because i left my Makita charger on and the flashing light kept activating the camera :rolleyes: so i'm imagining it will work in parking mode for up to 48 hours :cool:
Screenshot_20240226_155209_CELLINK Neo.jpg