Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Beware of scams

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Possibly. I have fairly new machines. On the other hand, it speeds stuff up because you aren't downloading ads.

I have quite a few extensions running, pop up blockers and other security stuff.

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Just so you know i'm not BSing.
View attachment 257592

That's interesting indeed.

For a while the very first video I played would always take a while to load but after that youtube would work fine but I've never seen that before.

I also run an extension called Privacy Badger, it stops trackers working which might be why youtube doesn't notice I'm using an ad blocker.

I can't stand ads, if there wasn't an option to run without I'd probably do without youtube (that might be a good thing.....)

Forcedvp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT HSV XU8, FORD TERRORIST
About 2 weeks ago YT started with a pop up notice on the screen. It timed out after a few seconds, then you could close it and view the video. But now it permanently blocks you. I think this is being rolled out region by region over the next however many weeks/months.
I'm the same, Immortality. I would be on YT all the time but these days I only watch it for the "how to" vids. Otherwise, I stay away from it.
Privacy Badger? Will look into that too.

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
NZ is normally the same geographical area as aussie but it'll be interesting to see what happens.

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
About 2 weeks ago YT started with a pop up notice on the screen. It timed out after a few seconds, then you could close it and view the video. But now it permanently blocks you. I think this is being rolled out region by region over the next however many weeks/months.
I'm the same, Immortality. I would be on YT all the time but these days I only watch it for the "how to" vids. Otherwise, I stay away from it.
Privacy Badger? Will look into that too.
This is probably a dumb suggestion but have you tried clearing your YouTube and Google search history?

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
**** them, they make billions already. Creators also get benefits from the number of views, subscribers and comments to feed the algorithm. Ads during youtube video's are painful, the always seem to come on when someone is mid sentence or other inappropriate time. Makes watching very difficult sometimes and then lets not look over the fact that many video's also have sponsors and in-video advertising.

@Forcedvp try changing your IP address or run it through a VPN and see what happens.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
i had to go premium YT, was sick of playing a set of cranking music only for it to blast and ad every 5 mins :mad:

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
We got premium spotify for music.

Forcedvp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT HSV XU8, FORD TERRORIST
This is probably a dumb suggestion but have you tried clearing your YouTube and Google search history?
No. I haven't. So not a dumb suggestion.