Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Beware of scams

Stevenj

Reaction score
Members Ride
007 Ve Calias
I got straight on to the bank as soon as I realised and put a block on my card, now I gotta wait for a new one to be sent to me, expensive and inconvenient but lesson learnt,

DavesSV6Tonner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S V6 Cab & Chassis
Not sure. Will ask the missus later. The whole thing f@#ks me off! And cancelling the cards is a mind f@#k!
There was the time my Mrs couldn't find her CC after filling up at the servo. Searched the house twice or maybe three times that night. Went through the car just as many times. Rang the servo the next morning - nope they didn't have it so she cancelled her card which also cancelled mine as it is my CC account. Next time she goes to the gym WTF do you think she finds in her gym bag? You guessed it!

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
There was the time my Mrs couldn't find her CC after filling up at the servo. Searched the house twice or maybe three times that night. Went through the car just as many times. Rang the servo the next morning - nope they didn't have it so she cancelled her card which also cancelled mine as it is my CC account. Next time she goes to the gym WTF do you think she finds in her gym bag? You guessed it!
Yep, been there done that!:(

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
My missus once had her credit card stolen. I didn't report it to the police, because the thief was using it less than she was:)

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Strongly recommended as well to install a free adblocker extension on your web browser too. (Adblock or ublock are my picks as these work on your phone and computer)

This helps you on any site not just JC.

I haven't seen a banner/ad/popup on JC for over a decade.

Last edited:

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Me too....!

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
I’ve been down that path too. Quite a task to change over all those automatic payments from one card to another.

The scary bit is that even a $2 scam payment won’t necessarily be limited to $2. They’ll milk the card for all it’s worth.

I have noticed that turning the cards off and on is now easily available in my banking app, as well as being able to place use-restrictions, such as no cash withdrawals overseas, no in store purchases overseas, etc. These options seem to be changeable at will.

Stevenj

Reaction score
Members Ride
007 Ve Calias
Thanks for the advice, I will set that up when the new card arrives,