Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

any ideas for mods and exhausts for my stock 2010 sv6 VE Ute

Wagz06

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE sv6
just wanna know what mods u guys would reccomend for a 2010 v6 ve ute aswell as good exhausts, cheeres

Just Damo

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 Omega, EA Fairmont (Restoration)
Keep it stock and enjoy it for what it is. Make the interior as luxurious as you want and maybe for a bit of an exhaust note, get your hands on a pair of SS mufflers. Waste of money for bugger all power out of the Alloys, they breath and go hard enough without the bells and whistles.

Wagz06

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE sv6
Keep it stock and enjoy it for what it is. Make the interior as luxurious as you want and maybe for a bit of an exhaust note, get your hands on a pair of SS mufflers. Waste of money for bugger all power out of the Alloys, they breath and go hard enough without the bells and whistles.
fair enough, i dont wanna touch the motor, as a mechanic myself i know the pains of the old alloytech motors, am only planning to rly do cosmetic mods and do full exhaust system, (headders and rest) and potentially a bit of interior gear

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Tbh both my neighbours are in cars , they will love me, as long as I don’t decide straight piping is a good idea
Most people 'into cars' will agree that Alloytec and later Holden V6's make a noise that will make the Baby Jesus' ears bleed...

Wagz06

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE sv6
Understandable, not gonna make it sound stupid tho, and gonna give her a decent system to link well with an ls3 I’m gonna swap into it in a year or so

Hole Denn

Reaction score
Members Ride
HoleDens
just wanna know what mods u guys would reccomend for a 2010 v6 ve ute aswell as good exhausts, cheeres
Save your money, update to SS and enjoy the sound of the LS :)

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
My 2 cents

A full exhaust is pointless without a tune

Start with a full service, engine oil and filter, air fliter, transmission, diff, coolant, full brake flush

Possibly good street brake pads and quality tyres if required (quality tyres are essential)

Do the service yourself of you can, buy a good service manual, jack, stands, and tools, torque wrench, don't break stuff, take your time

Safety safety, always, always, never work on a car that is held up by the jack alone

For a little more "noise", as stated, just get some SS rear mufflers, easy bolt on, and cheap/free

Alway buy quality parts, do it right, do it once

Then, possibly new shocks if you still have the original shocks as they will probably be rooted, I wouldn't go lower than FE2 if you want to lower it a bit, lowering it too much can be a PITA in relation to handling ground clearance and compliance on a street car, you will need a wheel alignment

Doing this will be good for reliability, safety and you get to know your car

Getting it clean and serviced is priority No 1, focus on the basics

If your on your learners/P plates keep the car under the radar

Then save money to upgrade to a better car once your off your P plates, or, when you get your full licence put a turbo with all required supporting mods on it

Drive safe, don't break it

Cars are expensive