Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

4 bolt tailshaft conversation

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
That twist and snap indicates you are really flogging that car....

I seriously doubt doing the conversion is going to prevent your tailshaft twisting and snapping issues.

If the 4 bolt conversion doesn't work, I'd suggest getting a single thickwalled tailshaft made to help prevent that occurring

Reactions: Lex

Ss mick

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx ss
That twist and snap indicates you are really flogging that car....

I seriously doubt doing the conversion is going to prevent your tailshaft twisting and snapping issues.

If the 4 bolt conversion doesn't work, I'd suggest getting a single thickwalled tailshaft made to help prevent that occurring
The car hardly ever gets a hammering mate. After the first one snapped a couple of years after getting it mainly gets driven easy. I've had it for 8 yrs now and it's lucky if I've dumped the clutch and onto the breaks probably 10 times in 8yrs of owning it.

I'll keep what you said in mind though mate it could be a solution haha

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
The car hardly ever gets a hammering mate. After the first one snapped a couple of years after getting it mainly gets driven easy. I've had it for 8 yrs now and it's lucky if I've dumped the clutch and onto the breaks probably 10 times in 8yrs of owning it.

I'll keep what you said in mind though mate it could be a solution haha

Been around long enough to know tailshafts don't snap like that babying them...

The last one I saw twisted and snapped like that was in a burnout car that was pushing around 900 FWHP.....

My VC tailshaft stuffed 3 C.V's in 4 years....They were that bad, it was vibrating the allen key headed bolts out of the tailshaft, yet I didn't snap mine....It was repaired.....

So next one

Last edited: