Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Zero Blood Alcohol laws being Investigated

Tsunamix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 2
Zero Blood Alcohol Laws a Possibility ??

This is a tender published by the Queensland government. they are considering paying for research into Zero BAC for Motorcycle riders.

If effective in reducing injuries, we could see it spread to vehicles.

Bring it on !

DanielGreen

Golden Holden
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Commodore 3.3
Its a good idea
go drink a damn Coke if your gonna drive or the pubs could bring in none alcoholic beer.

acex1138

Post Overlord
Reaction score
Members Ride
Kawasaki GPX
good idea, not good for implimentation tho. Your two problems are diabetics & medication.

As we all know the devices measure the acetone in the breath (from what ive been told) so there for diabetics always read wrong..... and if you have a cough or anything and take any of the usual remedies you will blow .0001

i got no problem with the limit being changed from .05 to .02 tho.... gets rid of the stupid idea from people that they have a 'safe amount' of alcohol to drink. I remember my alcoholic father as a kid always dragging us out for dinner having 2 drinks and then starting a third as an excuse to stay another 2 hours at a shitty pub gambling because he had to 'wait to be at a safe level to drive again' when you could still tell he was over the limit.

vt1538

455rwhp LS3
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS S2 11.284@125mph
I disagree. Lowering the BAC to 0 is only another revenue raising ploy. You go out & have 1 beer & you are screwed, even some desert dishes will make you unfit to drive(by this stupid idea)
Harsher penalties & jail time for those who break the existing laws is a much better option IMHO.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
I disagree. Lowering the BAC to 0 is only another revenue raising ploy. You go out & have 1 beer & you are screwed, even some desert dishes will make you unfit to drive(by this stupid idea)
Harsher penalties & jail time for those who break the existing laws is a much better option IMHO.

Well said. This nanny country bullshit is getting very tiring.

DanielGreen

Golden Holden
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Commodore 3.3
but still why drink that one beer if someone said to me i cant have a coke then ill get a lemonade
so why drink a beer when you could as easily drink something none alcoholic.

And we all know its hard to stop at one beer
DAMN YOU BEER WHY DO YOU TASTE SO GOOD!!!:beer chug:

06vzcalais

Reaction score
.02 is a better option. I have a mate in NSW whom lost his license (P Plater) after leaving a restaurant, little to his knowledge they dressed the desert in an orange liqueur he blew .02 the police said if you eat out request a meal without alcohol and make a point of it,
its the same as medicine, if you take it you cant drive (plenty of medicines that dont contain alcohol and wont give you a reading) thats what i was told from a bloke at the RTA....

if you wanna drink stay home and do it or catch a cab to the pub
just my opinion

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
but still why drink that one beer if someone said to me i cant have a coke then ill get a lemonade
so why drink a beer when you could as easily drink something none alcoholic.

If i wanted something other than a beer, I'd go to a milk bar.

And we all know its hard to stop at one beer

Speak for yourself, I quite often pull into a pub on the way home from being out for a nice cold beer.

.02 is a better option. I have a mate in NSW whom lost his license (P Plater) after leaving a restaurant, little to his knowledge they dressed the desert in an orange liqueur he blew .02 the police said if you eat out request a meal without alcohol and make a point of it,
its the same as medicine, if you take it you cant drive (plenty of medicines that dont contain alcohol and wont give you a reading) thats what i was told from a bloke at the RTA....

Common sense says to make sure you know what your eating, this isnt an excuse to change the legal limit.

if you wanna drink stay home and do it or catch a cab to the pub
just my opinion

Or how about we realise .05 has zero effect on drivers which is why it is perfectly legal?

We have lost so many liberties that have no effect on the public, adding this to the list is just another nail in the coffin of the nanny state that is Australia.
Instead of wasting money on changing a law that doesn't need to be changed, perhaps they should be out there finding ways of stopping drug dealers, rapists, murderers and the like. They cant make easy revenue from these criminals though, so easier to fine people for enjoying a beer or 2.

06vzcalais

Reaction score
i was using the example of how easy it is to get a reading not as an excuse
haha another revenue raising rant love it
we can say what we want but in reality if the gov wants to do it they will do it ranting on a forum wont make a difference