Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Zb commorde haters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Baulking and weaving and making vacuous comments ( look it up)
The right thing to do would be to rebadge the car for what it is. Opel insignia. You can then make decals that say 'commodore edition' and stick them underneath insignia badge ?
It's win win bruz

Tezza's ZB

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB LT Sedan 4 cylinder 2 Litre Petrol Turbo
The right thing to do would be to rebadge the car for what it is. Opel insignia. You can then make decals that say 'commodore edition' and stick them underneath insignia badge ?
It's win win bruz

The Tesla has a badge. But is it the badge or the quality of the car. We all know the answer to that . It is the widget that is the notoriety, the sum of the hardware, software, IP, engineering, and yes one intangible, intelligence. Someone puts a badge on it usually at the end that helps us to say, oh it’s a Tesla, but the badge means little, it just.. denotes. Thats why some people’s brains are scrambled.. they talk about peripherals, not the widget. They’re wasting their time. Badges are transitory too because a new widget comes along. The only task is to evaluate the new widget because its utility is transport. Is this widget good etc etc.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Well then continue on in your fake world, like you're doing now, making meaningless, nothing comments and quips about nothing. I’ll keep looking under the bonnet, and living in the real world of the tangible. I’ll continue to use enquiry, and the below the surface method.

What bloody nonsense this is, read it again and you’ll question your thinking .. contorted, strange, obsessed about the unreal

Baulking and weaving and making vacuous comments ( look it up)

No need to look it up.....you are providing us with the text book example.

Stop digging dude.....you're just looking sillier & sillier.

Last edited:

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
fair enough, and btw I repeat I'm just here to promote the car , but truly there are people who are twisted... someone here said what about you've got a trailer on and have one tonne of weight in it. I might do that once, maybe never in the life time of the car with me. I may carry stuff from time to time. Can you see that this jerk, this crank is bitter. looking to upper cut me because he finds a teeny weeny chink, or he thinks its a chink. That's the sort of stuff I get .. pity you dont give them a spray... you don't! yet you read it .. why not have the gumption to call that out too..? I'm not going to ram down a blokes gob to buy a four cyl pet turbo if he has a big Jayco behind his car !!!
SV6's handle it with ease. Oh and they are just fine on the twisty stuff too.

kos

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB Lt
This looks like a gang of VE / VF V8 owners attacking a ZB 4 cylinder owner.

The better comparison is
SV6 vs ZB 4

Vf 210kw/350nm
Zb 191kw/350nm

I would lay money out that ZB 4 cyl vs VF sv6
-the zb is quicker
-the zb handles better

I don't own a VF and I don't own a ZB. I drive turbo 4,s.
To me a ZB LT at a price of 20/28k low kms with a very powerful turbo four and a load of features is the best value buy in the market.
Would I buy an SV6 -No.
Would I buy a ZB -Yes

There are two low km Rioja Red ZB LT,s for sale in Melbourne at $24300.
Would I buy them -yes.

And lastly I think V8 owners attacking a turbo 4 owner is a bit odd.

Yes the VF v8 s were a very very special car and I admire them. But hey I drive 600-1000kms a week in my car and simply couldn't afford the fuel bill.
But SV6,s really nothing special. And VF Evokes just a torqueless monster.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
This looks like a gang of VE / VF V8 owners attacking a ZB 4 cylinder owner.

And lastly I think V8 owners attacking a turbo 4 owner is a bit odd.

I don't see anyone attacking a ZB or turbo 4 owner.....but I do see people calling out a knob.

I don't own a ZB.

Yet your "Members Ride" is ZB LT :confused:

UTE042_NZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 Magnum Ute
the link I provided, demonstrates that the zb 4 cyl petrol leaves the vf in it's wake.
Thanks for giving me the best spontaneous laugh I've had so far this this year.
Whether a different Commodore, or what Holden calls “a European car made great for Australia” really can replace the hugely endearing VFII.
If you’re going to view it as a like-for-like replacement, it falls short.
Looks like YOU didn't read the item you linked.

*Disclosure: I own a VF Commodore ute and have driven several ZB commodore courtesy cars when it has been serviced. I know for a fact that "Leaving the VF in it's wake" is something the 4-pot ZB is incapable of. They can't even reach 200kph let alone get there faster than a LS3 VF.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
... What bloody nonsense this is, read it again and you’ll question your thinking .. contorted, strange, obsessed about the unreal
My comment was directed at @Reaper.
You can agree or disagree with me, I don’t really care, but no need to be insulting... or a dick.

But it seems you just want to be confrontational and I won’t play your game...

Badgerdog

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB Calais V
Key to the 2.0 turbo petrol's performance and handling is the low weight of the car at just over 1500 kg's. What a lot of people don't understand because of GM's hopeless marketing is that its also where the weight is that matters. For example the aluminium bonnet saves quite a bit of weight and keeps the centre of gravity lower. The power and torque outputs are actually very good for a ~ 1500 kg car and the 190 kg's lighter weight compared to the V6 models really adds to the dynamic character of the car. Its considerably more nimble and lighter on its feet that the V6 cars.

The engine is an absolute cracker and exceptionally smooth even when repeatedly revved out to the redline, (as you do when you have one as a loan car for 7 weeks),

I would have bought a 2.0 turbo powered one if it came with all the fruit in my Calais V.

Wayno73

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SS
I'll put it out there... Sedans (& large hatches & wagons) are so last decade now.

I'll take an AMG E63 & BMW M5 any day, but my budget wouldn't. It's all SUV's and Dual Cab 4WD's. Nothing wrong with a ZB other than the segment it plays in. I'm moving with the times. I have my VE (aka The Garage Queen) to remember the good old days.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.