Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Will VY tail lights fit to VZ?

slmnvz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Still new to the wonderful world of commodores, and am looking to turn my VZ into a bit more of a head turner. found a clear/chrome set of tail lights off a vy but im not going to buy anything until some one can clear up my issue.

Cheeeeeers

slmnvz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
is there much of a significant change to rear end shape? or will they just pop on easily

B-roca

I’m an F-18, bro
Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A
Ok sorry if this comment sounds a bit harsh.

Those clear chrome taillights that you are referring to ar commonly know as "altessa's"
In my opinion... They look ****...
If you put them on your car your car will probably be called a "rice" or a "ricer"

But to answer your question: Yes they will fit if they were originally fitted to a ss, sv6, acclaim or executive.

slmnvz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
aight cheers. and not to sound harsh either but i will let you know when i want your opinion on how i should make my car look :)

B-roca

I’m an F-18, bro
Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A
aight cheers. and not to sound harsh either but i will let you know when i want your opinion on how i should make my car look :)

Hey no problem mate, jst giving you the heads up that "altessa" tailights are pretty frowned upon on this forum.

But ther general gist fittment wise from commodore to commodore is that berlina and calais lights are a different size from the ss taillights ect.

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
SV6 and SS VY and VZ use the smaller rear tail lights and are interchangable between those models.
The VY exec and acclaim use the same size tail light.
The VY Berlina, Calais and the VZ exec, acclaim, Berlina and Calais all use the larger style rear lights.
This size is determined by the bumper bars fitted to the different models.

slmnvz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
ok well in that case it wont fit my sv6 vz. hmmm also any suggestions on catback manufacturers? im finding it difficult to find one that will fit on the sv6

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
Hey no problem mate, jst giving you the heads up that "altessa" tailights are pretty frowned upon on this forum.

no they arent.

he asked do they fit, not should i fit them.