Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Will high flow cats increase pops and burbles.

Mitch_Alto_ve

Reaction score
Members Ride
S2 ve sv6
Hey guys.
I put a 2.25" xforce cat back on a while ago and I love the sound it makes and have noticed it even makes some pops on heavy downshifts and burbles on decel. This is also even more noticeable when just free reving.

Was just wondering if I were to put on high flow cats would this create more/ increase the volume of this and if not if there another way to do so?

glennho

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SS -1977 HX Premier,2012 Hilux 4x4
Yes
Hey guys.
I put a 2.25" xforce cat back on a while ago and I love the sound it makes and have noticed it even makes some pops on heavy downshifts and burbles on decel. This is also even more noticeable when just free reving.

Was just wondering if I were to put on high flow cats would this create more/ increase the volume of this and if not if there another way to do so?
yes it will

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
Hey guys.

And the other way to do so is get it tuned to do it. My SSV is tuned to do it and it’s very loud when I run it on petrol (has LPG). I make sure I’m on LPG when the police are nearby as I’m sure some of them would like to ping me for it!