Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Will a windscreenm from a VT-VZ fit my VY11??

ArmourChinker

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY11 Waggy
Cruising down the street friday night when some #uckwit jumps out from nowhere and hurls a brick at my windscreen, jumped out and gave chase but the little prick was gone, couldnt catch him. It hit right up in the drivers side top corner just under the rubber, so I'm lucky it did'nt hit the A pillar or damage the roof. Even luckier it did'nt hit me in the head, as my window was down!!

Now, I'm not a rich man by any means and would like to get out of this as cheap as possible. My local Windscreens O'brian isnt open till Monday, but if i go to the wreckers or buy one from Gumtree or whatever, are the windscreens from VT-VZ all the same? and is there an differance between sedan and waggy screens?

Thanks fellas...

Also, Mods, if this belongs in "The Pub" please move it there. My bad!!

Interloper94

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive S2
windscreens are pretty particular things, pretty cheap when new, hint is not to go to o'briens as they are expensive af.

R

Risky

I would never trust O'Briens ever again after when they replaced my windscreen & sealed it poorly.

There are other companies out there that do windscreens cheaper & better than them so I suggest google your area, ring them up & find out the best price you can get.

Thankfully you weren't injured but there's still a lot of stupid kids that throw objects at cars, trucks & trains just so they get their jollies off.

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
I would never trust O'Briens ever again after when they replaced my windscreen & sealed it poorly.

There are other companies out there that do windscreens cheaper & better than them so I suggest google your area, ring them up & find out the best price you can get.

Thankfully you weren't injured but there's still a lot of stupid kids that throw objects at cars, trucks & trains just so they get their jollies off.

O-brian replaced a windscreen on my vy before i bought the car. First rain storm it flooded the driver side. Took it to a local, $100 and resealed. New screens installed for $180. They wouldn't even offer warranty as i was a new owner, even if it was replaced several days before i purchased the car.

Not sure if they are all the same, but I wouldn't get a used one, it will have chips in it already, and more likely to crack sooner.

R

Risky

Lol I've had a ton of drama with leaks. Part of the problem was that O'Briens hardly used any sealant at the bottom drivers side. I didn't know until we got heavy rain. Then I found out it was just out of warranty. One of the local guys here did an excellent job in resealing it & it solved part of my leak problem. I also got him to put in new glass at the back. He was cheaper than O'Briens & even he said that if it was out of warranty, he'll check it. I found out recently that O'Briens where I live wont be here much longer.

I wouldn't buy 2nd hand glass. These days the glass on cars are part of the structual integrity. Ask a couple of smash repair businesses on who they use & I'll guarantee it wont be O'Briens, it'll be a local bloke.

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Will fit no problem, all the way to a VZ its shared.