Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WiFi Remote Garage Door Devices

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
2 birds with 1 stone.
Security cameras around the house/shed with a few in or facing the garage/shed.
thats for the visual information of it all.

Have little old Nonna from across the road on speed dial to scare away intruders.

there are ways to automate things in houses and what not, maybe look into the home automation stuff as often itll be a bigger brand that is likely to be around for a very long time.
Like Clipsal for example.
Yeah I did that but most of those don’t have garage door adaptors or if they do, they don’t have great reviews.

The Remootio does work with Apple Home kit.

Remootio has already been on the market for a long time.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Remootio sounds interesting but what more does it provide as compared to a Shelly smart relay @ $16. Just curious

Pity more stuff isn't POE as I prefer Ethernet cables over wifi where Ethernet can also power the connected IOT device… But if they exist, they cost silly money :(

Ring doorbell are just one example where ring 2 is $150 while Elite POE version is $500 :eek: yet a RPi POE hat is less than $50 :mad:

Reactions: Lex

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
This is why I sarted the thred. To see what else is out there.

How ever the Shelly system requires the user to reflash open source software with no assuring of future updates in order to work with Apple.

So there is a high level of fkery that will happen. It’s a much more involved process to install and may require a gateway hub as well.

It’s not an out of the box solution. So while it’s cheap, the other costs lay in robbing weeks of my time trying to reflash software to it (something I would say I am not confident doing anymore) and getting it to try and connect effortlessly to a gateway hub of some sort. Cost would easily blow out past that of other out of the box solutions. My time is precious.

I can’t find the App Store app either.

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R
This $85 gadget is available in NZ. Haven't dug deep but looks like you tune it to door frequency and it integrates with Smart Life app, Alexa, Google Home.

also available in Oz...

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Yeah, I can understand time faffing about plays a part but having an active open source community interested in a product helps to keep it alive with less worry of it going dark…

It will be interesting to see how things progress and what other members have done in this space…