Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Who was confused?

Did the daylight saving change confuse you?

• Yes

Votes: 18 37.5%
  • No

Votes: 30 62.5%

• Total voters

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
they extended daylight saving here in NZ last year, 1 week earlier and 4 weeks later to change back. it doens't really bother me, i work shifts, start at 6, finish at 6 whether it's am or pm doesn't really effect it much in the summer when i go to work it's light, going home it's light. in the winter it's dark when i go to work and dark when i get home. it's a bastard if the change occurs on your shift however, it makes a 12hr shift thats already long really drag that extra hr

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
not me so much as the TZ time server at work... hahah

aZk.

ProphetVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
A Pushie
it's something invented for southerners so they think they actually get an hour more sunlight each day
Heaven forbid we might want to use some sunlight after work on weekdays. I get a good 2-3 hours of waterskiing on my boat on weekdays after work in the middle of summer due to daylight saving. I have no complaints about that :D

f1tzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T Ute manual
See what i dont get is why not just start work an hour early?

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
Kidding right? I start my paid job at 8:30am, regardless of light. I can't really afford to get out and do other jobs before then because i would still have to shower etc. after. Whereas after work i can get home from my paid job at my leisure and get my other jobs done until it gets dark. Then shower and clean up when it is dark.

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
If my clock says 7am (on the correct time) that's the time i start work. Same with everyone else at work. As ^^^^ said, how much light there is doesn't mean anything.

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
i keep waking up at between 4 and 5 every morning and i am tired by 9 at night. it sucks, i think i need to get drunk one night and sleep all day to get over the time shift :p

I'm up at 5.00a.m for work and in bed at 11.00p.m .Thats one thing about geting old , you don't need as much sleep . Ha Ha Ha