Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wheel silver paint code.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
That would be good. If I have some options to play with when the time comes I need them ready I can decide then. I tried my local paint shop but he didn't know and couldn't even quote price without a name or code. Fair enough, I suppose they don't want me getting the wrong tint based on his advice.... I don't know anyone locally with a Monaro, so it's not like I can pull up a bonnet and have a look.

H

harrop.senator

This hasn't been washed , or buffed .s Was painted probably half a decade ago. I was also lazy with the flattening of the casting marks out so it will have more depth on a dead smooth high built surface.

Mix of medium and coarse Metallics.

Reactions: Lex

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
That looks very close to the original paint. More so than the body shot above. Mind sending me the name or link, so I can see if I can get a kit locally?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I get the impression from the paint shop he was suggesting I use silver base as it will stand up more but I don't think that's the affect I'm really looking for. Yours doesn't have that real metallic look and this is the way I think it should be?

Fachoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
calais 2
So the original wheel colour was quicksilver yeah?
Google search says quicksilver is a body colour
Thats what the body car plates are for

Didnt think there is a factory paint code for the alloys, gm didnt paint them, ROH did or the Asian manufacturer that gm used, forgot when they changed, could be VZ or VE also could even be powder coating, who knows farks knows, just pick any silver available and just PAINT THEM.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Thats what the body car plates are for

Didnt think there is a factory paint code for the alloys, gm didnt paint them, ROH did or the Asian manufacturer that gm used, forgot when they changed, could be VZ or VE also could even be powder coating, who knows farks knows, just pick any silver available and just PAINT THEM.

Yeah well I want them close to factory as possible. And not sure how it works where you are but here you can't just walk into paint shop and ask for silver without a name or code...... ;) And yes I already tried...., hence why I started the thread....

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Lastly, if you don't like that Achoo, the door is open wide and you can leave any time you like......

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Do you have a name for that silver in Wattyl. We have a Wattyl house paints supplier, don't know if they sell 2k paint. Ideally I'd get a cross match in De'beer as I'd only need paint, I already have thinners and hardener and my primer is compatible with Valspar 2k.
Trying to keep the cost blow out as low as possible. I'm already not going to tackle the final paint myself so will be looking at $250 about to blow them.
They already owe me a lot and so far I have done everything myself. I'd hate to think what I'd be up for if the eight or so hours I've put in would add if someone else did it.