Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What will be the next car brand to leave Australia?

homerrichard

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB Commodore: 1978-1980.
Recent car companies such as Toyota and Hyundai have innovated their products. Well, it is not surprising if older non-escalated companies will be left out.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
I haven't seen a stinking pile of **** that big since Jurassic Park came out. FFS you whinging little bitch, nobody cares about you and the millenials.
You may disagree but most of his points are valid for a lot of the population.

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
I reckon Honda, an Italian or French brand because they aren't really selling well and Honda's "fixed price" will be a disaster!

bigboss223a

Reaction score
Members Ride
efhtyjmtumj
You're probably right to be honest. I just can't get my head around how many can afford to buy a brand new Toyota Girlie Truck at over $50K and still survive when we all seem to be so price conscious nowadays and that's where the Chinese are just shitting it in.
trcmod.com

Last edited:

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Why is it people love the spam this thread?

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Perhaps lock it as there are no car manufacturers in either Australia or New Zealand....So it does make this thread redundant

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Perhaps lock it as there are no car manufacturers in either Australia or New Zealand....So it does make this thread redundant
The thread is about which car brand will be next to leave Australia, which isn’t related to where the cars themselves are manufactured.

So locking the thread because we don’t make cars down under isn’t warranted, else if we follow that logic we may as well lock all JC forums because why bother being a local car enthusiast post local manufacture shutdown :p

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Brand to leave ........ anything Stellantis.
Brand to replace it ....... anything Chinese.

I found this an interesting read ........ https://www.whichcar.com.au/features/inside-the-dragon-the-ningde-mg-factory

Whatever you may think about Chinese cars, they will be the 'next big thing', and Australian car buyers may not have much of an alternative choice if they don't like them.
I can't see how a new 2023 Holden (if there was such a thing, EV or ICE ) being able to compete with this sort of manufacturing, which is all part of the CCP State. I don't find the cars particularly exciting or desirable at all

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Brand to leave ........ anything Stellantis.
Brand to replace it ....... anything Chinese.

I found this an interesting read ........ https://www.whichcar.com.au/features/inside-the-dragon-the-ningde-mg-factory

Whatever you may think about Chinese cars, they will be the 'next big thing', and Australian car buyers may not have much of an alternative choice if they don't like them.
I can't see how a new 2023 Holden (if there was such a thing, EV or ICE ) being able to compete with this sort of manufacturing, which is all part of the CCP State. I don't find the cars particularly exciting or desirable at all

Can’t help but read such articles and wonder how stupid we are as a nation…

China‘s currency doesn’t float and thus isn’t directly valued by market forces so the government can be directly in control of their economy and the prices it’s manufacturing complex put out to the world. Then buy our minerals cheap as input to their manufacturing complex and we buy back manufactured goods paying a premium for their value adding… while we as a nation get further behind… China’s living standards are rising while ours are falling :oops:

If there was an idiot olympics, we’d be winning gold :mad:

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L