Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What to do with my VH?

Neal

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ Adventra Lx6
Thanks Wombles, Darren et al - No, no scratches and only one little dent behind the towbar/gooseneck where No2 Son miscued when hooking-up his box trailer! As it's cooler today, I'll give the ol' girl a quick chamois-off and then polish her -- she hasn't had a spruce-up for a year or so.

You've all just about convinced us (the Wife's supportive) to keep her, particularly as she has such a long history with the boys and me, but being the perfectionist that I am, I want to get the cruise control fixed, the alternator replaced, and search around for a replacement driving light (Hella I think, and factory fitted before delivery) as the reflector has a couple of rust spots and looks crap.

04VYSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VY SS
Question = What to do with my VH?

Answer = Keep it.

Very nice car mate and +1 for Darren_L comment above..

VT_SS

-
Reaction score
Members Ride
EVIL304
I think you know what you need to do mate have fun with that little gem you have:clap:

Neal

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ Adventra Lx6
Those driving lights are labelled "Halogen 1520", but there's no brand name --- any ideas on the brand and where I can buy a new reflector and/or the complete reflector/lens assembly?

Jonno

:)
Reaction score
Members Ride
;)
Could give 'kingswood country' a call
Thats where i got some stuff for my vk

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
Those driving lights are labelled "Halogen 1520", but there's no brand name --- any ideas on the brand and where I can buy a new reflector and/or the complete reflector/lens assembly?

sounds like they were a non-genuine accessory fitted by the dealer.
I'd suspect they'd be discontinued by now. Could be worth trying someone who deals with Hella products. Probably Repco or Autobarn would have a Hella catalogue you could probably check the part number with. Or try contacting Hella themselves Hella Australia Pty Ltd

VBRED

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VK Calais 333 Pack
Mate I would just remove the driving lights. They are most likely dealer fitted. It would look better without them. Pete

Raptorsc

RAPTR6
Reaction score
Website
www.raptorsc.com.au
Members Ride
Hilux 4.0 V6 SC 400kw
Keep it, only sell if you financially cannot afford to keep it

I believe a Holden dealer should be able to fix those few little items for you - seems the right place to go

Neal

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ Adventra Lx6
The VH hasn't been anywhere near a Dealer since its 20,000Km Service on 26/11/1984; whilst I'm sure they could fix things for me, my pockets aren't deep enough!

Regarding the driving lights - they were fitted by the Dealer (Les Vagg Holden), and they're the same ones as fitted to Police cars (NSW) in the 1980s. I've had a look on-line at some old Hella catalogues, and they are Hella 1520s, but no longer available. I don't want to remove them as that will leave two holes in the bumper, so I'll have a look on eBay and see if there'e any 1520s available there.

DerekP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 5.0
Keep it, and please keep it original!

Re cruise control not working - probably the transducer has quit which is difficult / costly to fix. New ones are not available and it seems that all the used ones from wreckers are no good also. It could be as simple as the connection on the brake pedal is not making good contact which will prevent the cruise from engaging, or just one of the vacuum lines have split or not connected but more than likley it is the transducer. I have been trying to get my cruise going for years with no luck... You can get aftermarket ones fitted but I'd sooner have the original working (good luck with that I hear you say!!)

Good luck with everything and do let me know if you get the cruise working - I will be interested to know what was the issue was.