Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What next will they try to flog for stupid money ???

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
Mate of mine is getting rid of el i think it is(I don't know ford models that well)xr8 157 thousand on the clock only thing changed on it is air intake an stereo and drivers mirror is broken,it still has original rims on it.it's been sitting a few years in a shed 5k will buy it I just don't have room for it as it will rot in my backyard but I've thought about it even though I'm not a ford man
I bought one of the last EL Wagons in 98, (6 cylinder) and had it for four years. It was a nice car, quite good looking too I thought. It never gave me any problems, I didn’t do high mileage though.
XR8 with low mileage sounds good. I’d ask for service records if any and find out history. Make enquiries into Falcon Forum and see what they might be worth.

M#ick2183

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt wagon, vt hsv xu8,vs hsv senator,vs ss ute
I bought one of the last EL Wagons in 98, (6 cylinder) and had it for four years. It was a nice car, quite good looking too I thought. It never gave me any problems, I didn’t do high mileage though.
XR8 with low mileage sounds good. I’d ask for service records if any and find out history. Make enquiries into Falcon Forum and see what they might be worth.
It's an 95 ef xr8 and my mate is second owner I'm fairly sure,he got it in the late 90s early 00's,drove it for a few years and parked it up when he started to have to cart tools for work so has had utes since!

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
Chespest EL XR8 on carsales is 25k with 150k km

Dependant on the overall condition, and with a bit of extra coin to tidy/fix/register, it could turn a tidy profit if you fix and flip

M#ick2183

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt wagon, vt hsv xu8,vs hsv senator,vs ss ute
Chespest EL XR8 on carsales is 25k with 150k km

Dependant on the overall condition, and with a bit of extra coin to tidy/fix/register, it could turn a tidy profit if you fix and flip
I know just hat a look on gumtree 9k for an ef XR6.all it needs is a good detail and replace the drivers mirror is all I could see last time I was in his shed,mite have to see if he is home and start it up.
The hardest part will be convincing the misses to own 6 cars as she knows I hate selling stuff.(I still have the 3 daughters first bike little kx60 the youngest is 21 but I can't let it go!!)

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
I know just hat a look on gumtree 9k for an ef XR6.all it needs is a good detail and replace the drivers mirror is all I could see last time I was in his shed,mite have to see if he is home and start it up.
The hardest part will be convincing the misses to own 6 cars as she knows I hate selling stuff.(I still have the 3 daughters first bike little kx60 the youngest is 21 but I can't let it go!!)
Tell her you'll flip it and use the profit for a holiday

Or buy her something shiny

Although every time my Mrs gets something shiny she asks me what is in it for me.. she knows me well

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
2012 Redline with 161,000 for $309, 000 on carsales. From all the photos it looks no different than any other 2012 Redline. No mention of what makes it so special.

Dodgy_Davo

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
VF Redline utes are around $45k, not sure how they came up with the price?

Brettly-2008

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS Commodore - Ford Territory ... both camps
VF Redline utes are around $45k, not sure how they came up with the price?
I saw a 2016 SSV ute (non-Redline) with 35,000kms for $66k advertised today. Nice car, low kms, but that's HSV money.