Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What is happening to GM

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Yeah I've watched the video, I see a few holes in what's been said but not going to argue the facts. I like UTG but he's on a mission against EV's and his vision is clouded somewhat on the subject.

Unfortunately everything about the US is grandiose and they always take **** to far of which the EV Hummer is a perfect example.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
Yeah I've watched the video, I see a few holes in what's been said but not going to argue the facts. I like UTG but he's on a mission against EV's and his vision is clouded somewhat on the subject.

Unfortunately everything about the US is grandiose and they always take **** to far of which the EV Hummer is a perfect example.
I think EVs do have their place, for example as a small city runabout car they would be ideal. It’s going to be a big problem though if basically any kind of crash or impact with an EV results in it being written off.

Aside from it being bad for the environment when EVs have to be basically disposed of after a minor crash it’s going to be horrendous for insurance costs down the road if relatively minor impacts result in a lot of EVs being sent to the scrap heap rather than repaired.

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
I think that back to the Right to Repair argument. Tesla has set up a model where you basically need to go back to them for everything and other manufacturers are following suit. It also has to do with how Tesla manufacture cars which makes them difficult to repair. If the people can win the Right to Repair argument a lot of those issues should sort themselves out in due course.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
I think that back to the Right to Repair argument. Tesla has set up a model where you basically need to go back to them for everything and other manufacturers are following suit. It also has to do with how Tesla manufacture cars which makes them difficult to repair. If the people can win the Right to Repair argument a lot of those issues should sort themselves out in due course.
Here’s hoping. Car companies always want to keep everything in house so to speak so they can gouge their customers on an ongoing basis.

Traditionally that wasn’t very easy to accomplish but the complexity and interconnected nature of modern cars is making it easier for them. Hopefully right to repair provides a suitable push back on that.

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
When going from medium to large hybrid and PHEV starts to make a lot of sense and that is what we are seeing a lot of in NZ. you also don't have the range issues either.