Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What did you do to your VR/VS today?

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
Had to bust out the NOS wingnut. Noticed the front cover was jiggly and the wingnut has exited stage left.

Good thing I have one last NOS wingnut before busting into the repro packs we made :p

Attachments

• IMG_8199.jpeg
    IMG_8199.jpeg
    107.2 KB · Views: 32

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
New battery again for the Senator. These stupid little decals don’t peel properly.

Removed it from the top and put it on the back after gouging some numbers for future reference :rolleyes:

At least it’s cleaner from the top this way.

Attachments

• IMG_8205.jpeg
    IMG_8205.jpeg
    121.7 KB · Views: 36

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I've learnt to disconnect batteries when not using cars.

After charging the Subaru overnight I moved the Ctek to a different car and will do all the batteries we have sitting around here.

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
I've learnt to disconnect batteries when not using cars.

After charging the Subaru overnight I moved the Ctek to a different car and will do all the batteries we have sitting around here.
We have 3 chargers. I am just really bad at remembering to put it on charge. I always intend to go back and do it after an event. Or I think I don’t need to because I will drive it again soon. But that’s not what happens. We do have 2 jump packs and one of those lives in the Senator permanently as I am a known risk.

But also I am sure the battery I just took out is not the one I bought for the Senator last time. So I think it was raided for something and I have some random one chucked in.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
We have 3 chargers. I am just really bad at remembering to put it on charge. I always intend to go back and do it after an event. Or I think I don’t need to because I will drive it again soon. But that’s not what happens. We do have 2 jump packs and one of those lives in the Senator permanently as I am a known risk.

But also I am sure the battery I just took out is not the one I bought for the Senator last time. So I think it was raided for something and I have some random one chucked in.
What battery is in that VY ?

o_O

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I want to stick the bike on charge but not sure if the charger is too powerful for such a small battery? I have heard of bike battery chargers but again not sure if they are really needed?

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
around 3 amp is prob good for bike, i was using that on the big one in my VE but noticed the error light was always on and would never full charge, had to upgrade to a 7 amp and now charges fine, some also have settings for vehicle or bike

Reactions: Lex