Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what did you do to your car today?

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
It's a shallow head on the sump plug combine that with the chamfer you find on the edge of most sockets and spanners it leaves very little contact surface and makes it very easy to round off.

Considering the later ecotecs use a 24mm thread there is heaps of room to have created a sump plug with a internal hex or square drive like a lot of transmissions or diffs have and eliminated the issue all together!

MrBags

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z SERIES
Headlight globes on the FG as the drivers side blew. Drivers side took 2 minutes, very tight squeeze between the battery but just enough clearance.
Passenger side had to remove the intake snorkel and entire air box assembly to get access and then the engineers in their wisdom put the A/C tube in the middle of the only space you can access the globe. It was definitely do-able but bloody stupid.

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Pulled the door card off the left rear door to fix the water leak, and as I suspected the thin plastic cover behind it had come unstuck from the door at the bottom. Had a roll of that black sticky crap so pulled the whole lot off, put the new stuff on and heated it up with a heat gun till it was tacky and stuck it to the door. Hosed door and windows to see if it leaked Used the heat gun to dry carpet and underfelt and assembled door. Seriously thinking about selling the commodore.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
..... another Commodore!

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
& buying what?
Not sure at the moment, probably something else that will give me grief ;) wife likes this
Hyundai_i20N_Front34_Performance-blue_1000x667.png

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Not sure at the moment, probably something else that will give me grief ;) wife likes thisView attachment 267638
Check out the Kia Cerato GT. Similar size, and top of the line for that model with pretty much every option on them (sensors. Camera, lane assist. Etc etc)

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Hahaha, I thought those wheels are not VF wheels, then I realised it's a VE. :oops:

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition