Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what did you do to your car today?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
The cente bearing should be fairly rigged.

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
The Bogan Cruise Ship (VX SS) is all washed and shiny, so I can drive down to Goulburn tomorrow to get covered in bugs, me and the daughter will then head into Canberra for some lunch and shopping

As for the Honda, it has had a clutch birthday at BYP (clutch, pressure plate, little bit of flywheel action, spigot bush, new fork, thrust bearing, and while they were in there a fresh rear main seal, and a new timing chain tensioner)

Noticeable difference rowing gears at 7750 rpm, cuts shifts like a hot knife through butter

Thought about throwing a Torsen LSD in the gear bag, but didn't, which is unlike me with my "while we're sort of in there" mentality

Did some chatting with BYP IRT how strong the Honda engines, boxes and clutches are, IIRC they said they run some race cars with the stock K24Z3 engines and 6 speed boxes, even some with a little bit of boost

I also asked how hard it would be to fit a little spooly boy that gives me another 100 hp and some dose for LOLS............. Not hard or that expensive really after chatting........

Note to self: when having a quickish take off ensure that the traction control is off, as when it activates it cuts all power for what seems like about 3 seconds, I had the initial jump on a 8th gen Civic Type R until it decided to cut all of my powers when it single pegged, which gave Mark the instant sads

New, "budget for the LOLS", possibly incoming for some Honda boost stuff...... and a LSD

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
New Battery in the SS.

So had a long drive ahead for the weekend just been. Got to a remote town and decided to stop for a quick break.
Yeah..... wouln't start and crank.
On the phone to the RACV (Total Care cos other cars), Bloke comes out, Go to show him and it cranks over, albeit a bit slow.
Heat and all that probably didnt help, but it had about 60 minutes to cool down at that stage.
Got him to chuck the Battery test gear on, was charging fine.
But it had the capacity of about 200 CCA's in a 550CCA Battery.
Shouldve changed it sooner, but oh well, its changed now.

Needs a good Scrub now, but after 5 hours of driving home, and the heat, itll be put off until its a bit less hot outside.

Started to get prices for parts for the next service on it. Going to get some fresh rotors and pads (T2s)

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
T2s are good, but they are Chinese. T3s are Australian but they're a lot more expensive.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Not my car and not today but few days ago Mr24 and his mate had been to PBtech and had stopped for fuel on the way home and his car wouldn't start and called if I could swing around and jump start it but got another call a few minutes later someone had offered to help them and they would be back soon.

So it turns out there was more to this story, this was the 2nd time the battery had died, the first time was when the car was getting a WOF and the place had left the ignition on whilst doing their checks, they had jumped it and got him on his way (it passed the WOF) and the garage had cleaned the terminal which the person who jump started the car had also done. But... on opening the bonnet it was quite apparent that cleaning had only been done to the top of the battery terminal. I removed the terminal cleaned it all properly and put it back together. They fired it up, checked it was charging (14 volts at idle) and set them on their way.

Apparently the outfit was going to replace his battery for him for a couple hundred bucks ..... but that's not required now and it seems to be running better than it has in a while.

Next he's going to learn to change his own oil as he's paying through the nose to have a relatives outfit do it for him at "mates rates"....Yeah Right!

mikhael

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY SS UTE series 2 5.7L LS1
i just hooked the trans lines back up to the radiator...

what did you do?
south australia's adelaide cup long weekend:

went for a long drive and guess what start having problems.
my 04 vz commy hesitate on overdrive. feels like it's gonna die on me i can't diagnose what's wrong with it as i'm not a mechanic. but I'm guessing it's a either the tranny of vacuum leak

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
south australia's adelaide cup long weekend:

went for a long drive and guess what start having problems.
my 04 vz commy hesitate on overdrive. feels like it's gonna die on me i can't diagnose what's wrong with it as i'm not a mechanic. but I'm guessing it's a either the tranny of vacuum leak
make sure trans is not low on fluid

M#ick2183

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt wagon, vt hsv xu8,vs hsv senator,vs ss ute
So it been a bit of a long haul for me, but I have finally got my vt Berlina wagon on the road today!!
many painful speed bumps along they way,but now has bigger brakes, welbro pump, coilovers, twin throttles and a bit wider rubber.
The little cam stopped it from making more numbers with the tune,not that I'm worried I'm stoked that it goes and stops!
IMG_20240311_192025.jpg
IMG_20240311_192058.jpg
IMG_20240311_192102.jpg
IMG_20240311_190255.jpg
IMG_20240311_192920.jpg

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
listened to beard chuck a wobbly about all of the codes on the dash in the Beemer yesterday.

You know how to really make your partner even madder? Tell him it's not any of those things the xmas tree dash says, and perhaps he needs a new battery :p

Funny how when I drove it & that happened to me months ago, he didn't believe me. So when it finally did it to him, I'm like boom, here are the options I found last time. Failing battery/alternator - or failing module. Given yesterday's heat after a few days of it, it still could go either way, failing solder on circuit boards do not like extreme temps.

He took the Ranger this morning. :D

#Ivisitallofthecarforums #Iaminthedoghouse

maginoodle

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy series2 ss crewman
Had a go at spraying 2 pack colour for the first time

Attachments

• IMG_7486.jpeg
    IMG_7486.jpeg
    140.4 KB · Views: 42