Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what did you do to your car today?

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
Does "Just Commodores" do cruise meets in the Sydney Region?

I seem to go on cruises with Skylines Australia (Nissan Skyline club, but every make and models are welcome), but I've never gone a cruise with other Commodores

Although we did "meet up" with a HSV group once when we cruised down to Wollongong, but as I drove a "POV" pack VX SS they were not welcoming at all, and basically complained that the Skyline club should move on because we were parked where they wanted to park

We got there pretty early because parking is always tight near the Mr Wippy at the lighthouse on a Sunday morning

About 40 of us just sat around chatting, eating icecreams, and looking at all the cars with their bonnets up in all their glory, the HSV guys ended up cracking the sads and left

Meh, no icecreams for them guys
I found it hard to crack into the local HSV group as well. Very VE VF heavy and I felt very out of place.

The club got cranky when I turned up as passenger in partners car instead of my HSV for one event and wanted him to park in another area away from them.

Found other clubs that were more welcoming and moved past the HSV owners drama.

gokiwi64

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ HSV Clubsport
Took car for a wof - failed because i've got "racing brakes" on it - they are DBA T4000 T3's all round . Now looking for a new wof tester.
Found an intelligent wof tester - passed with flying colours - picked up on the rear main weeping and a mist of power steering fluid - Ive booked it in with him to fix , so just like the U.K , tester's are a very varied and random bunch.

And yes I have red calipers but as the air is colder and denser down here in Chtistchurch I get a 30kw gain :p

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Should have failed on the power steering leak, normally they are very picky when it comes to steering systems.

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
Went to Supercheap to start collecting the detailing stuff to have it on hand, basically everything I wanted was on special, the highlight of the venture was some ramps, 1000kg rated, 260mm high, $99 at the moment, they "just" fit under the front bar, and gets it high enough to get the oil pan in with ample access to undo the sump bolt, makes getting the front off the ground for servicing quick and simple as
Resized_20231028_121440.jpeg

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
Rooflining on the skidute today.
Cleaned the old stuff off and then decided to get fancy.
Was so chuffed with my work and then it came crashing down at the end and there is a half assed fix which means I now hate it.

But it’s just a bloody skidder, it doesn’t need to be perfect :rolleyes: :D

Attachments

• IMG_6244.jpeg
    IMG_6244.jpeg
    134.6 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_6245.jpeg
    IMG_6245.jpeg
    142 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_6248.jpeg
    IMG_6248.jpeg
    149.2 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_6250.jpeg
    IMG_6250.jpeg
    125.3 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_6259.jpeg
    IMG_6259.jpeg
    73.7 KB · Views: 63

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
:confused:

I believe my cheapo ebay alternator is kaput, fluctuating around 12.2v at the battery when running, and on the scanner it fluctuates between 11.4 and 13v

I'm going to invest in a quality one this time, there isn't alot of difference in the price, and I should of went quality first up, instead of being a bum and trying to save $50

Also, because I'm a idiot consumer, I'm pulling the pin to get the Harrop Gilmer rear drive for the blower, why you may ask, #moreblowerwhinenoises

I was originally concerned about the Gilmer drive because I was looking at going them on the front for LOLS, Harrop warned me off doing that because the front belt move around on the tensioner and can cause issues, BUT, as the rear doesn't move around, it is fine to fit and will not cause a issue, happy days

I'm going to stay the same 1:1 ratio though as the car makes enough power as it is for the street

There is a 1.14:1 ratio available to up the boost, but that would just make my transmission and drivetrain hate life even more than now

I'm just after proper voltage, and more whining noises for the LOLS

In the meantime the car has been put to sleep with the trickle charger on it until all parts are sourced

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Went for another 600K round trip today.....Noticed a few VN to VZ era Commodores....Even saw some H series Holdens all sitting in paddocks...Only saw one early Commodore, which annoyed me...

The one car amongst the heap of other brands I saw that sticks out was a 64 to 66 Mustang...Rolling shell....Surprised the heck out of me seeing that sitting out the front of a house in the middle of nowhere....IMA it was about 5K away from a jail, so might explain why it was a shell... :)

OldBomb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
copper wire is copper wire. they probably used cheap brushes