Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What did you do in the shed or garage today

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
That’s verrrry nice!!!

Are there any special requirements for the concrete to mount a two-poster?
150mm minimum. I have a section in the centre that is about 200mm thick and about 4m wide, basically the length of the shed.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
3859.jpg

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
How safe is it to keep something raised and park a car underneath for a decent length of time? Thinking of putting the trailer in the air to create more space in the shed.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Should be no difference whether it's up there for 10 minutes or 10 days as long as it's installed properly and the concrete is up to spec. Unless maybe there is an earthquake but then all bets are off regardless :)

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
Should be no difference whether it's up there for 10 minutes or 10 days as long as it's installed properly and the concrete is up to spec. Unless maybe there is an earthquake but then all bets are off regardless :)

… and, hopefully, it also has a safety ratchet system in case the hydraulics slowly leak down?

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I thought they all did?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
How long is the power lead that came with yours Norti? I'm going to run my 2.5mm in the conduit ready to be connected to the RCD and pendant power point. Just trying to buy as little round 2.5mm twin & Earth as I can, because it's nearly $5 a metre. Plus the power point alone is $150. Fortunately I already have the 16a RCD I bought before the prices doubled..

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
How long is the power lead that came with yours Norti? I'm going to run my 2.5mm in the conduit ready to be connected to the RCD and pendant power point. Just trying to buy as little round 2.5mm twin & Earth as I can, because it's nearly $5 a metre. Plus the power point alone is $150. Fortunately I already have the 16a RCD I bought before the prices doubled..
bloody long. Ours goes up to the roof then along and down to power where its looped on a hook eleventy-two times then plugged in. We kept it long as we know we wouldnt be staying in this shed forever, and will be moving it. Super happy with our installer, will use them again to pull down, move & reinstall when the time finally comes.
… and, hopefully, it also has a safety ratchet system in case the hydraulics slowly leak down?
has a safety lock. now that earthquakes have been mentioned I might have a new worry, but prior to that I didn't have any worries outside of 'what was on top was a leaky boi or not'