Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What did you do in the shed or garage today

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
IMG_6510.jpeg

Made this today. I used 40mm steel tube behind the beams. It slots inside the profile perfectly. Drilled. Nutserts in the tube. Domed M6 bolts. Looks good. Strong as. I did that because I can’t weld. I’m weldtarded.

This is for drills. Drill bit sets. Thread checkers. Tap and dyes. I can hang my drills off the side. I’ll be putting it on wheels so I can move it out when I need to use the vice. Might fit my mini compressor on it too. I’ll be adding another shelf I think.

Tomorrow arvo I’ll have a go at my next shelf for fixings. Just bolts and screws etc. All labeled boxes.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
And if you did weld it then it would need to be painted, then the paint wouldnt match. Seems like quite a good solution.
It’s powder coated black wrinkle finish.

Reactions: Lex

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
I have left raw steel. I’ll give it a spray with WD40 and then pat it and say, “she’ll be right”.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Just gave one of my ICE vehicle a good wipe over using baby wipes, thanks for that one @NORTI . It wasn't bad enough it needed a full wash but it had some insect splattering's I was able to get off without having to get the bucket and hose out. Finished it with a micro fibre towel. All ready for work tomorrow now.

Took a look at BT and it's really dirty from the last rain we had. May or may not get it out of the shed to wash it. BT takes me nearly an hour to do, ahhh, the joys of a black ute, whereas the Sprint takes 10 mins.

Hmmmm, might make coffee instead.

Frosty1

Reaction score
Members Ride
6.0L VE SS
Installed new interior to replace the old tired seats it the SS.
Also purchased a new bonnet with scoop so spent the rest of today cleaning and polishing it ready to install tomorrow.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Not car related, but just as frustrating.

She wanted the clothes drier in the garage cleaned out, get rid of dust and fluff which gets past the filter. Simples.
Take it outside, pull a few covers off and give it a good blow job with the leaf blower. Worth it, clouds of dust waft into the atmosphere.
Attempt to put it back together and the flexible ducting disintegrates.
Ring an appliance supplier. No, they don't have the ducting, but they have a kit, which I don't need.
Ah ha ! Bunnings ............. They have everything ..................... Nothing on the website ............ Ring them, ask and get put on hold, on hold, on hold.
I needed a drive, so go in person and ask. Yes, they have one kit left ($70), but can't supply only the ducting. That will have to do ..... $70 pffftt. :mad:
Get home, and pull all the old ducting out of the fittings. Then spend another head-bang hour getting the new ducting to attach to the fitting. Simple when you know how, which I didn't know before.
She comes out to inspect the project, has a look around the garage walls and shelving, and starts asking questions about how I could organise it better so She can move some boxes from inside the house to the garage.............. :rolleyes:

Things like this encourage me not to attempt simple repairs on my cars.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Not car related, but just as frustrating.

She wanted the clothes drier in the garage cleaned out, get rid of dust and fluff which gets past the filter. Simples.
Take it outside, pull a few covers off and give it a good blow job with the leaf blower. Worth it, clouds of dust waft into the atmosphere.
Attempt to put it back together and the flexible ducting disintegrates.
Ring an appliance supplier. No, they don't have the ducting, but they have a kit, which I don't need.
Ah ha ! Bunnings ............. They have everything ..................... Nothing on the website ............ Ring them, ask and get put on hold, on hold, on hold.
I needed a drive, so go in person and ask. Yes, they have one kit left ($70), but can't supply only the ducting. That will have to do ..... $70 pffftt. :mad:
Get home, and pull all the old ducting out of the fittings. Then spend another head-bang hour getting the new ducting to attach to the fitting. Simple when you know how, which I didn't know before.
She comes out to inspect the project, has a look around the garage walls and shelving, and starts asking questions about how I could organise it better so She can move some boxes from inside the house to the garage.............. :rolleyes:

Things like this encourage me not to attempt simple repairs on my cars.
EBay have good ducting. But ll find a link in a bit.