Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What deal did you get for your vf series 2????

Noeleter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Equipe Sportwagon
Well after a few phone calls with the dealer, and as others have previously posted, they had to claim the discount from Holden for selling it as a demo to sell it at a low price. However what I still don't understand is how the sale is still going through as a new car and not a demo, as it will still be on a new car contract and my name will be in all service manuals as the first owner. They have promised me that it won't be sold as a demo.

I explained to them that trying to lie about it to me and making up bullshit stories when questioned about it was not the right way to go about it. If they were honest with me from the start I would of likely still made the deal for the decent price I paid and this could of all been avoided. It just puts a sour taste on what should of been an exciting few week wait for the car.

So anyway I'm still happy with the car and they will be reimbursing me for the lost registration, which is only around $50 but it's the principle more than the cost than counts here, and a full tank of fuel.

Either it's new or it's a demo. If it is a demo it will have been registered in the dealer's name. It may have next to no km on it but technically it is not a new car and you are not the first owner.

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
Pretty happy with this- I think it's ok-
Manual Redline
20 inch wheels
Spoiler
Sill plates
Mats
Tank fuel
Red Hot (no cost obviously)
$51,500
Plus on roads as need to register in another state which will be approx $3k.
The wait begins...

Thats pretty good, I paid the same for my Redline albeit a few more factory accessories for the same price. So you did pretty well. I laugh at the car yards trying to flog them for above $60k :hmmm:

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
I have been quoted $53,700 on a novated lease
Drive away in Vic
White
Manual
Tint
Full blackout kit (not fitted by my request)
Mats

Bardygrub

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ba fairlane
I have been looking for over a year now. Finally walked into my local dealer ( who up until this point have only discussed pricing via email ) and said " I am here to talk tango " said to the principle that I am either going to get a redline or clubbie, and it depends on how low you can get the redline down to.

After half an hour I got quoted 61k for ssv redline Prussian steel 20" wheels and full black out kit. Would have to have order in by "end of week" for a October delivery.

Considering the Sv black clubsporys are starting to be advertised for around 63k I'd rather purchase one of them.

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
Go the Clubby if they can't do better on the Redline.

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
I have been looking for over a year now. Finally walked into my local dealer ( who up until this point have only discussed pricing via email ) and said " I am here to talk tango " said to the principle that I am either going to get a redline or clubbie, and it depends on how low you can get the redline down to.

After half an hour I got quoted 61k for ssv redline Prussian steel 20" wheels and full black out kit. Would have to have order in by "end of week" for a October delivery.

Considering the Sv black clubsporys are starting to be advertised for around 63k I'd rather purchase one of them.

I think you should be shopping around for a better deal.
Back in 2009 I was living in Portland Vic and wanted to support the local Holden dealer but their price for a new SSV Wagon was 6K above what I could buy it for in Melbourne. They have now been closed for several years.

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE

$61k?!?! ha! Tell him good luck with his museum. Martin Garage in Vic have been doing Redline Sedans for around the $55k Mark with options included in that price as well.

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
I think you should be shopping around for a better deal.
Back in 2009 I was living in Portland Vic and wanted to support the local Holden dealer but their price for a new SSV Wagon was 6K above what I could buy it for in Melbourne. They have now been closed for several years.
Crap isn't it , I live in Adelaide where they make the F@#in things and bought one in Geelong saving about 4K compared with Adelaide at the time and 16 build

Actilux

Reaction score
Members Ride
Red Hot VFII SSV Redline
First post for a soon to be Redline owner.
MY16 Red Hot Redline
Auto
Fuel
Sill Plates
Tint
Freight Sydney to Canberra
ACT Rego
$53,300 Drive Away.

On a novated lease. Dealers in Canberra couldn't get close to this price.