Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What deal did you get for your vf series 2????

Bardygrub

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ba fairlane
Has anybody got a pic of what the "Hood power decal - 6.2 Litre V8" option/accessory looks like on the car? I can't really tell from the small pic on the holden site...
I'm keen to see this also!
My concern is it will look to much like the ford one did from a few years back.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon

Foggsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SS Sedan M6
That's because people don't want to pay full retail plus a bend over additional margin because its a brand new model (albeit upgrade). If dealers were listing them at 55 driveaway which is about right one would think, then they would be selling tons of them....?

You must have had a massive shortfall, which is why they've covered it up by effectively 'jacking' the price of the dealer delivery in order to cover this. We have to do this all the time with people. As long as you're happy with the outcome. A lease is not designed to be broken early, so you'll always be a fair bit behind in the first few years.

I'm just glad that people over east are buying them. Here in WA the dealers are really struggling with them. We still haven't sold a V8, only a few V6's. Getting a little bit of interest but no really buyers. Getting a lot of 'sticker shock'.

timandhayley

Reaction score
Members Ride
Astra RS-V Hatch
I'd love to be advertising them for cheaper, but there's next to no margin in one, Holden has increased the RRP on them (and dealer invoice cost) plus there's no bonuses on them as well, which effectively means that the V8's owe around $4,000 more than a Series 1 runout. If I could get a real person seriously interested in actually buying one, rather than just 'considering it' I'd sell one below cost just to move them along. The WA economy is extremely shaky at the moment, everyone is very negative and it's having an effect on all brands, not just Holden.

Most WA dealers have barely sold any V8's, whereas the East Coast is doing quite well (from what we're hearing anyway). You can blame the dealers all you want, but at the end of the day our margins have been cut as well, it's the manufacturer's who are making the real money on the cars. We make the majority of our profit from financing, servicing and parts. There's bugger all money in the actual metal.

xzclzj

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF
I am planning to grab a SSV Wagon next March. My parents prefer Hybrid Camry but it's not my cake. Hopefully I could get a nice qoute .

VinnieLS3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Commodore SSV Redline
I'm keen to see this also!
My concern is it will look to much like the ford one did from a few years back.

Exactly why I'd like to see a proper pic first.. I've asked my dealer to try get one so I can decide if I want to add it to my order or not.

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
I am planning to grab a SSV Wagon next March. My parents prefer Hybrid Camry but it's not my cake. Hopefully I could get a nice qoute .

So your parents want you to buy a hybrid Camry but you want an SSV. WHO's money is it champ?

Forum_Lurker

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore

LOL, just tell them you need a wagon and that you can't get Camry wagon. At least that way you're not lying to anyone :)

Phil the shearer

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 ssv manual ute
Was just looking on car sales and they seem to want a starting price of $50,600 for an ssv series 2 ute , manual in black.
Makes me very pleased with the deal I got on my 2013 plated ssv ute in black as a June 2014 runout for a drive away price of $ 39k!!
New ones don't have a DVD player and I actually use mine! Mind you my garage queen has only 7,000 km on it so far, but it sure is nice to get into on a weekend....
I can't really see Holden doing deals again like I got on mine..they're just gonna stop making them..bloody shame..