Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wet Sanding - Bonnet/Bumper

VE_WagonII

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sportswagon
Hi
I filled in lots of stone chips across the bonnet and front bumper of my VE Sportwagon. I began to wet sand 2 filled in chips down with 2000 grit to make flush with surrounding paint. I must have filled up to 30 plus chips.
Im now too scared to do the rest in case I burn through to the undercoat. Iv probably already burnt through the clear coat. I did mix in a bit of clear in with the Holden touch up paint.
Anyone know a FAIR & DECENT car detailer in Melbourne who can measure my paint thickness and wet sand and cut back/polish up the paint? Dont want to spend big bucks .
Cheers

marx

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss
Hi
I filled in lots of stone chips across the bonnet and front bumper of my VE Sportwagon. I began to wet sand 2 filled in chips down with 2000 grit to make flush with surrounding paint. I must have filled up to 30 plus chips.
Im now too scared to do the rest in case I burn through to the undercoat. Iv probably already burnt through the clear coat. I did mix in a bit of clear in with the Holden touch up paint.
Anyone know a FAIR & DECENT car detailer in Melbourne who can measure my paint thickness and wet sand and cut back/polish up the paint? Dont want to spend big bucks

marx

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss
You can not measure a plastic bumper but you can a bonnet but rub through Is a respray as I'm a painter for 30 years

VE_WagonII

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sportswagon
You can not measure a plastic bumper but you can a bonnet but rub through Is a respray as I'm a painter for 30 years
How much should a respray of bonnet and bumper cost? I know they have to blend in over the frony fenders.