Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Water Leaks

V

VBSL79

I just got in my commodore this morning and i noticed a water leak in the left hand side of my car i have looked up under the passener side and i have no idea where the ****** is comeing from. Does anyone know where this can in from as i think its about to rust and i dont wanna get another car

MaNiac_VP

Mr Moderator !
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VPII Calais
Probably a window seal, sorry I don't understand exactly where the water is leaking into.

Sit in the car and get someone to spray water on the side and check for yourself where it comes in from..

fergi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5 LITRE V8
open up hood of the car and on the passenger side where the outside air comes into your vents there is a plastic screen covering the entry,see that this hasnt clogged up with debris and is making a reservoir for water to pool into check the other side while your at it
cheers
fergi

jafo

lurker since 2003
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 wh statesman
if the water is in the car check the seals (window and door)
also check the aircon bleed pipe has'nt come loose or off and dispersing the water in the car istead of outside.
also check other hoses if you have aircon

V

VBSL79

Does it matter if i got after market aircon in my car? The water leak is in the left hand corner of the passenger side if that helps i put a new seal on still got the problem does anyone know what i should try next ?

fergi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5 LITRE V8
well to discount the air con problem take notice when the air con is on does it happen then ,if its off does it still happen this way you can eliminate if it is the air con
cheers ferg

O

oldn64

Couple of places it can come from.

1. leaking water from heater (ie split heat core) Take dash apart and fix (two day job)
2. Aerial lead for radio seal to body perished or missing. replace and reseal)

3. Aircon hosing seal (you have already dealt with this so all it good.)

4. Plastic facing missing from top of the back of the bonnet. (this is the one that covers you heater duct and resistors. (immediately under the vents in you bonnet)

5. Rubber grommit missing in floor and underlay suching it up throug the hole.

6. windscreen leaking and or rusted seriously that the water comes through the base of your screen.

I would sugest you dry out the carpet and make sure the car is not still leaking.

Cheers

PS: Have you notice it only ever fills on teh left hand side!

V

VBSL79

Hey i haved checked every thing and its got me fucked where its comeing from its really pissing me off now i checked the holes in the fenders and does have **** in there if i put my fingure there but i dont think that will be the problem can anyone help me please