Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Water in spare wheel well

Skitznout6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY clubsport
Hey guys, ive encountered an issue with my vy. The spare wheel well has water leaking into it and wondering if anyone knows if there is a drainage plug somewhere in the floor or will I have to drill one myself?
Mines full of water so I can't seem to see one but I do have shitty eyesight ha! If anyone knows if there is one and where it is located would be very much appreciated! Cheers

BowTie

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr vt
Had a rat vs years ago that did that.

Drilled a small hole.

It was a shitbox body though.

A nice vy would tempt me to chuck a new boot seal in first and try and avoid dodgy fixes.

87VLCALAIS

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8 VY S Manual, ZB RSV
It's my guess the source of the leak is rust hole somewhere along where the boot lid seal fits behind the rear window. If this area hasn't been cleaned the dirt builds up trapping water and rust eventually develops.

The other possibility is rust pin holes in the body work where the adjustable rubber feet for the boot lid sit against the body work near the rear of the boot lid when the boot is shut.

I know on my VY, the rubber feet wore through the paint over many years and the bare metal exposed by the feet started to rust. I applied some rust kill and the stuck on some clear 3M tape for the rubber feet to sit on. Problem solved.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Just drill a 1/8th hole.