Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vz ls1 4l60 tcc valve replacement

2_stroke

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
Heya guys which year version do I need for the 4l60e in a vz ls1 2005. Can I get this info off the trans or can someone just let me know. Tcc is locking great by the feel trans fine besides this atm. Is it the 2000-2003?

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
A quick search will give you a free download for the entire factory version for VT-VZ and LWB. It will have every single detail you would want to rebuild the transmission.

I’ve posted a link many times.

2_stroke

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
Just changing tcc man, I have got it and will search through it. Doing to many things at once lately, really wanted to know what year of model the transmission is, but I’ll get my arse under the car and pull from sticker on transmission I think to be . Always wonder did holden get stuck flogging old stock while Americans with gm in the states got the new tech. Not planing a rebuild just a few servos and the tcc valve as it gets flogged out which my has. Box can go to a rebuilders in another year when I’ve got the coin. It’s something I really don’t know much about, have the experience and feel confident in rebuilding. Seen 50hrs plus of rebuilds and still think it’s best to have it done by someone who does it day in and day out to many little things that can destroy it if missed

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
There won’t be too much difference, if any. The two series are 04/Dec05 and Jan 06/May07. (Or was it August 07?)

They should have officially called them series 1 and series 2. Would have been easier.

2_stroke

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Early VZ was analogue. Later VZ was CANbus digital data.