Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VT-VX] + VY How to disable Traction Control (ETC)

a1k3m1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY II S-Pack 25th Anniversary
hey guys, i just tried this mod today after finally getting a day to be able to do it haha...
i don't think i'm doing it properly, as when i get the wire out nothing happens, its still switched on, just like what 'oo7bmw' said nothing comes on the dash unless i plug the whole ABS plug then it says traction off.. but removing the wire doesn't do anything,

ive got a 2003 VY Series 2 'S' 25th Anniversary edition .. so maybe its a different wire in the S Packs? i doubt it.. i dunno any ideas dudes?

a1k3m1

Reaction score
Members Ride
yeh dudes from playing around i dare say its a different wire i need to be playing with for the series 2 VY's.. ITs not the Black/White wire on pin 27.. So i think we needs an ABS wiring diagram for the series 2 VY's to work it out haha

jet-6

Yer im that guy!
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY06 VZ SX6 ADVENTRA
Whats the deal with doing this on a 2006 VZ Adventra? same deal?

pattobro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 3800
Even stupider question coming up but my series 2 vx only has a pwr button do i have traction control?? and what exactly does the pwr button do? does it just hold gears a little longer coz i dont really notice any difference..

SkidMarks

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Ute
I tried this today also but instead of pushing it out of the terminal i removed some of the tape from around the harness and cut the actual wire. leaving it easier to solder back together. but im not sure if it worked because i havent gotten the trac off light in my vy yet.

a1k3m1

Reaction score
Members Ride
let us know if you do get it turned off, coz i cant get mine working

SkidMarks

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Ute
ive found that in the vy's there are two black and white wires, one in terminal 27 and another just below it. Im not sure but maybe one is the warning message prompter and the other is the actual wire. i cut one and i didnt get a warning. but i feel like my car has lost its traction control as getting bent seems to have come easier now lol.

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
1. Pop the bonnet and disconnect the battery.

2. Locate your ABS module (Mounted above Driver side wheel)
DSCF1194.jpg

3. Pull the Red tab towards the engine to disconnect the loom from the ABS module.
DSCF1196.jpg

4. You should now be able to see the plug. Certain connections will have numbers.
DSCF1197.jpg

5. The number you are after is 27, seen top right in the picture below.
DSCF1200.jpg

6. You can either push out the connector for plug 27 or cut the wire. The wire should be Black with a white stripe, this may differ between models. I chose to remove the black curved cover on top and cut the wire.

7. Tape both end of the wire you cut or alternatively wire in a seperate switch, this way you can still turn on the traction control if you think you will need it.

bluethunder_69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII SS 5.7 LS1 T56
i have a series 2 vy and can confirm its still the same wire and still works, did it today now just gotta break the habit of hitting the switch every time i get in the car

boomnvn

SOLDER, NO CRIMP.
Reaction score
Website
www.KungFuKustoms.com
Members Ride
VT Exec S1 V6
my series 1 VT exec doesn't have cruise, ABS, or passenger airbag (mega-pov. pack) but still for some reason can't do skids by holding the break and accelorator pedal, as the car won't rev high enough to break traction in the rear....

a bit off topic, but does anyone have any hints/tips, or does my car have traction control hard wired in somewhere else?

cheers,
spudley.