Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX Knocking Noise In Front

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
First of all, it's mainly when driving up my driveway (pretty rough) or when you turn left on any surface.

Things I have already replaced:
-Front Link Pins and Bushes Genuine (Both Sides).
-Front Lower Inner Control Arm Bushes (Both Sides).
-Front Radius Rod Bushes (Both Sides).
-Front Control Arm to Radius Rod Bushes (Both Sides).
-Front Strut Mount Rubbers and Bearings (Both Sides). (The Rubber that bolts to the top of the struts).

Can't figure it out. Any suggestions?

Drewie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS (Original owner).
I know you said you have replaced the Link pin bushes, but a little story of what happened to mine, had the car in for a service and the mechanic rang and said one of your Link pin bushes is split, so I said go ahead and replace the lot, picked up the car and it drove beautifully, about a 100 km later I started hearing a clunk when turning into the drive and also a simple right or left turn into a side street. I got under the car and found one of the brand new genuine link pin rubbers had split, they were all brand new rubbers that were fitted you could tell they were new, the mechanic said maybe he may have over tighted that particular bush, he pulled them all out and re fitted a new set and it has been fine for a few thousand km thus far. So just because they are new have a look at them in case one has split like mine did.

billythakid

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx II Executive
Washers need to curve away from bushes not sit snugly over them . This will destroy them in no time if put in wrong

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
Found the problem, turned out to be loose K-Frame bolts on the left side. Tightened them all up and no knocking noise at all now