Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT brake upgrade in - but Reservoir is tilted - which one will fix this issue?

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R
Good Evening All

I’ve just upgraded my brake booster and master from original VK Berlina to a VT setup.

The issues I have is the reservoir.

The VT master reservoir is tilted poorly - is there another reservoir that will fit on that will fix this?

Also I have a new master cylinder for the original set up that is slanted for the correct tilt. Will this work?

Any help is greatly appreciated as always.

@gtrboyy you might know this one perhaps?

Cheers
simples...

VL V8 one ...like this :)

20191226_161110.jpg

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
I re-flared the lines on my VN when I did it, PITA job to do but looked good in the end.
Swapped vt m/cyl booster over 6pm at night in less than 1hr...regret the rush job everytime see half empty vt reservoir or brake adaptors lol

It's on list of **** need to be redone on vp ute.

Reactions: Lex

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
The other issue is the retaining hole needs to be re-drilled in the new VS/AU reservoir to correctly locate on the VT master cylinder body.

Agree, every time I open my bonnet on my VK the line adaptors look like dogs balls, but put up with it as it stops now.

View attachment 266107
That is a beautiful engine bay. I bet you do some “sipping beer while staring at it” a lot. I bloody would.