Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS tranny problem

dat111

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS commodore
brought a VS a few weeks back for $550 with 5 months rego,

so i decided to reverse it in the drive way today and there was noo go in reverse at all i had to give it a little, so it decided it would back up slowy and then i turned it off looked on the road and there was a load of fulid on the road( red fulid)

so jacked my car up and theres no obvious signs of leaks in the transmisson,
so im stumped any ideas?

thanks dat

Zarconia

Outrageous Fondler
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 R8 Maloo
Red fluid is tranny fluid (Also power steering fluid) so you've likely busted something

dat111

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS commodore
time to jack it up and have a proper look, how many lines are coming and going from the transmission? are VS tranny problems a common problem

Zarconia

Outrageous Fondler
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 R8 Maloo
No idea mate but id start at the reservoir and work your way backwards. Id put a bit of fluid into the reservoir and see if it leaks from there, if it leaks stationary then there's probably a crack in the line.

About as common as any other car man

dat111

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS commodore
thanks mate, cant wait for the rain to clear in nsw and then i get back to work on her

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Best idea is to add 2 or 3 litres of Dexron 3 to the transmission - the fluid goes in thru the fluid level tube which is just to the right of the brake master cylinder. Start with just 2 litres and whilst you are adding it keep looking under the car to see if you can spot where it is draining from. Prime suspects will be the steel cooler lines where they join the transmission, a few loose screws on the pan or the fill tube dislodged. They are the cheap ones. Once you can get enough fluid in her, you can then move it to a spot where you can raise the car on ramps and have a proper look. Good Luck.