Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS L67 Ute Project

Phillbert

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Ute, VX SS
They were on it when i got it, could adjust them up or lower them down. Problem was the springs were cut down and if you extended the rear end as in max travel distance they would fall out lol. I took them out and put in a set of Lowered Springs (King)

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Can't really see issue why engineer would not pass a ute as area is not structural & doesn't weaken chassis or even remotely near cabin.

Mine is only going to have 15x7 chaser with 255/60/15 or maybe get widenen 15x9-10 chaser with 275/50/15 for cool looks.

Do want to run it on street with chaser 215/70/50 on 15x6 chaser untill proven useless but with rear end work etc it won't sit like a 4wd but sit at nice height.

Still got more goodies to buy & install when get it back...should hook up all the ponies of baby cam 304 & fingers crossed crack 13's lol

peteinoz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore ute
so bit of an update.
I've been ordering parts and saving to get them all fitted.

Life gets in the way sometimes, so the build has been extended way further down the track than I originally anticipated.

So thinking of doing a 1/2 job to get me back on the road so I can race it again.

I'm going to run two separate fuel systems.

I'm running the Haltec 2500 elite.. which means I can swap between either fuel easily.
I've already bought a 60 L tank which is going in the rear and a surge tank with duel pumps to go with it.
I can run the E85 in that, and use the existing fuel system for 98, or possibly E10 so it's cheap to drive around
on the street with the appropriate tune to suit.

the M90 needs a rebuild so thinking of getting that fixed
Get the Haltec fitted.
I'll fit the second tank and lines

And get it running again so I can take it out.
while I save up to finally get the twin turbos fitted and gates and haltec dash
I found this dash that was built to suit the haltech dash for the VS..

1660615292806.png

That's going to look pretty smick in there I reckon.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
E10 may be the go and surprise you over the 98
Can't take the credit = I sore @ ginger beer post on ( I can't remember which thread ) !!
Interesting .

Edit : = general , 95 vs 98

Last edited:

peteinoz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore ute
E10 may be the go and surprise you over the 98
Can't take the credit = I sore @ ginger beer post on ( I can't remember which thread ) !!
Interesting .

Edit : = general , 95 vs 98

LOL Yeah, I saw the same video, which got me thinking about E10
If I'm running duel fuel.. might as well get it tuned on E10 over 98 and save sum bucks.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
We have e10 98 ron here.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
We have e10 98 ron here.
Wouldn't E10 be around a 98 anyway? Some places used to and may still sell an E5 that was 100 octane simply because of the ethanol component raises it.

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
With the low quantity of E the main rating would come from the gasoline component. E does have a higher octane rating, I believe that E85 is rated at about 105 octane, then you also need to consider the other properties of E, one is that it burns cooler than petrol, cooler combustion temperatures generally mean better knock control, aka it can take a little more timing.

If you watch the video, they make more power on E10 91 ron fuel than they did on normal 98ron fuel, how can that be when E by itself produces less energy than the equivalent volume of gasoline?

Gull sells E10 98 ron fuel, what it's actual ron rating is with the E10 component is anyone's guess but probably better rating Gull give it.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Yeah I don't know enough to say why alcohol produces more power. I know on some straight alcohol bikes they make a lot more power than even a 105 octane rating would. I could be wrong but I believe it has something to do with the fact that you burn more fuel. I know on an older bike if you run 100% alcohol you burn 225% more compared to 98. I also believe the cooler combustion temps have something to do with it as well.
I imagine it would work on a car engine in a similar way.

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Check this out,